Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

It'll be interesting to see what they do with this license. I'm not really impressed with the majority of their figures--especially for the price. That being said, I'm a huge Bond fan so if they are great quality then I'll buy pretty much whatever they make.

Just so people are aware, there is a bootleg 1:6 company that regularly produces pieces for which BCS has won and paid for the official licenses and they (the bootleggers) plant people here and on facebook for the express purpose of slagging BCS off.

Just FYI.

Thats quite a charge. How did you come to learn this (assuming the charge is accurate)?

Do you have a name(s) of the BC slaggers?

I know little of BC but from reading the comments in this thread it doesnt look like anyone needs to be hired to sling mud at BC. Looks like ppeople are lining up for it. So why run the risk of this activity when ppl are already doing it w/o any coaxing?

Signed up today just to immediately post that in this particular thread and then log off and disappear again. How...interesting.

I wasn't going to go there, but I thought about it lol.

I think we all did.

But hey -- the proof will be in the production pieces. I never trust protos anymore beyond facial expression and outfit choices. Hopefully their initial effort will have extra effort, if not the whole line.

I'm glad to see more than the usual 8 guys chiming in with interest... but 9 pages in 24 hours is not a rip-roaring start. Marvel and Star Wars do that in 10 minutes.

Last edited:

In fairness i think star wars and marvel have a bigger fan base.

Also no specific character has been announced. I dont even think they confirmed it would be 1/6, just the very broad term of "collectibles" i think.

They have a great opportunity here- this get get milked for 6 or 7 good figures. But given what i read here, god help them if they stumble out of the gate. Three Zero is coming to mind.

Also no specific character has been announced. I dont even think they confirmed it would be 1/6, just the very broad term of "collectibles" i think.
I believe they did announce that they would be doing collectible figures and that the first 3 would be Connery in his grey goldfinger suit Oddjob and Goldfinger himself. :)

Missed that.

Jaws would be ambitious.

Wow, great news!

Now we only have to wait 3 more years to finally get our hands on a Bond figure with crappy tailoring that looks like it was sculpted with toothpaste, all while staying on the cutting edge of price increases.

Hey, but it is official though.

Wow, great news!

Now we only have to wait 3 more years to finally get our hands on a Bond figure with crappy tailoring that looks like it was sculpted with toothpaste, all while staying on the cutting edge of price increases.

Hey, but it is official though.

Nice post.

Apparently we are childish and snippy.

Thanks for your support.

I'm surprised by how many negative comments there are about this licensing deal just on SSF alone. I understand that some people may have had issues with previous releases from Big Chief Studios, but why not wait to see what they have to offer with Bond before assuming that all of these figures are going to turn out horribly. I'm personally really looking forward to seeing all 3 of the announced figures as BCS seems to be constantly improving in terms of their figure development. :)

I agree. It reminds me of the early days with Asmus... which I think has proven that a company can turn things around.

Big Chief did something right just to get this difficult license from Danjaq. And I'm glad they did.

Let's keep the presumption of innocence alive until the trial. Hopefully a reveal is not that far off.

And we've seen that BCS figures improve with each release - we've seen the revamped paint jobs for figures that had already been approved. So it's encouraging that they continue to strive to improve. The costs for high end 1/6 aren't going anywhere, but most of us aren't in it for the money but because we're creating product that we ourselves would like to see.

So I think we need to see what they have coming before passing judgement.

The presumption of innocence applies in the criminal court room only. No one else is obligated to follow that mantra (esp on a doll forum :lol) And the biggest predictor of future performance is past performance. It's called a track record for a reason.

That being said ive never heard of them before today and i share the hope and optimism that this is done right.

Can we expect a Red Grant figure? Emilio Largo?

I'm excited for this product line. I'll definitely get the first Sean Connery James Bond figure. I'm a little worried about the release time and quality as well. I recently picked up the 10th doctor and Tardis for my collection (first and only BCS figure). The Tardis is a great piece. The 10th Doctor not so much compared to my 40+ figure hot toy collection. My recent additions of QMx's Kirk and Spock are a great leap forward in that company's quality. I hope BCS does the same. I'm surprised there have been no more updates on BCS's Penny Dreadful product line, but based on previous comments sounds like that's typical of them.

Same can be said for all the Bonds really. The only Pierce Brosnan sculpt I've seen is the Sideshow ones. A new one specific to GoldenEye would be sweet.

Bond and Thunderbirds / Anderson figures. BCS are somehow tapped into my serious wants thoughts.

Their Doctor Who line has been good, with only one very early miss that they found a way to rectify some time later.
I have bought all their Who figures and enjoyed every one.
I am not a fan of the bodies and the prices are higher than HT. Those are my criticisms but they haven't stopped me from getting excited for each new release and do enjoy having them on display .

I think that the Bond line has the potential to be great. Goldfinger, with three figures should make a fantastic display. Although I can't see these being in hand any time befor Christmas 2017. That said, at least they are coming out.

I'm down for Goldfinger as Sideshow never made him. I'll see about the rest

Back