Big Chief Studios - Dr. Who Weeping Angels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember everyone...when these are announced for pre-order...DON'T BLINK! :horror

Probably not but if it is close we're in for a treat. I want at least two, one to have face shielded and the other attacking. I can't wait to order these

Do we think the production paint will look ANYTHING like this proto?

Well, I do. My Tennant, Smith and Amy heads did. It'll look as much like this proto as any production paint on a high end figure resembles the proto and no less. Obviously it's not going to look as if Greggo spent three days painting it for you but no production figure ever will.

The way they, kill, is very nice.
Scary, yes, but only ever in Blink. Actually I think they only ever worked well in Blink. Each use after that was just silly. However, in Blink, I'm must admit...it was the first episode of Who, ever, to make me jump. That is one of my favorite Who stories.

They made less and less sense and got more and more complicated with every appearance. But Blink was a brilliant episode.

Great post, and a good point about BCS lacking experience with polystone... but surely a living statue is the ideal first project?

Polystone will add so much weight and unnecessary cost to this figure. I'd be lucky to buy a single one in that case, and I really want 2-3. I really hope they go for plastic and just use the right grain and paint to make it look real.

603603_10153015461851002_306571049_n.jpg

1948031_10153015477276002_1272716795_n.jpg

1526708_10153015491671002_202451511_n.jpg

AMAZING pictures!

God they look amazing.

I never buy bad guys or supporting characters ....but now it looks like I'm going to have Weeping Angels around my Doctor Who's and Watson with Sherlock.

Damn you BCS ! :D

Re: Big Chief Studios Possible Dr. Who Weeping Angels figures?

The way they, kill, is very nice.
Scary, yes, but only ever in Blink. Actually I think they only ever worked well in Blink. Each use after that was just silly. However, in Blink, I'm must admit...it was the first episode of Who, ever, to make me jump. That is one of my favorite Who stories.

I agree. The Weeping Angels are silly Doctor Who monsters. The only reason why they are so popular is because how well-written Blink was. Logically, a monster kills their victims by sending them back to the past so that they can eat their time energy doesn't make any sense since the victim would live a full life in the past.

It would have made more sense if the Weeping Angels turned the victims to a very old age or to dust. The Angels becomes silly with each episode such as the image becomes the Angel and so on. They even become so inconsistent - wouldn't Clara be stuck in the past after being touched by the Weeping Angel in TOTD. However, this goes to show that Moffat is a terrific writer since he can take something so lame and make it so popular.

Wow, that's not a bad price, really. I hope this means future figures will get US distribution again.

$189 isn't a bad price. Part of me wonders if retailers will be stuck with some and end up clearancing them out eventually like they did with 11. Might be a good way to end up with two of them. I wonder if BCS will have any kind of exclusive to their site. Interchangable damaged parts sounds like a good way to go with any kind of exclusive.

Back