Big Chief Studios - Dr. Who Weeping Angels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Possible Dr. Who Weeping Angels figures?

1511749_10152975576606002_2006579351_o.jpg

With all due respect BCS, just shut up and take my money!!! :yess:

I'm curious to know what the price for these will be. I don't know if I'm willing to pay that much for a Weeping Angel. They're cool, but...

If it's Two angels for $150-180 I will definitely get them.

looks like maybe they come on a detailed base, maybe with a smaller statue on it as well like the cherub seen in lower left? sort of a deluxe style base rather than just the ground?

looks like maybe they come on a detailed base, maybe with a smaller statue on it as well like the cherub seen in lower left? sort of a deluxe style base rather than just the ground?

Also, it looks like there's a crack or parting in the folds of the statue seen on the base in the top right hand corner of the picture.

As for having a base and cherub, good news for those that like statues; but I'd just like the figure in screaming mode. It would be great if we had the option to buy just that although obviously it doesn't work that way.

i imagine since the final ver will possibly be polystone all the pieces will be cast separate, and be packaged separately in a box with that black foam type inlay holding all the parts. so prolly will be able to display the angel away from the base separately. i doubt it would ship all put together due to breakage.

gotta say im not a huge weeping angels fan but the idea of having one in HQ polystone with diff interchangeable parts is very appealing, down for one i think.

My only potential fear about these figures (aside from the price) is making them look like stone rather than grey tinted plastic.

My only potential fear about these figures (aside from the price) is making them look like stone rather than grey tinted plastic.

agreed and i thinks thats exactly why they are proposing to use polystone for the final casting. it looks and feels like stone and is also very very heavy.

def apprehensive of the price but i have a couple polystone pieces by ThreeA and they are just so great i def wouldnt mind a slightly higher than expected price for one of these angels by BCS. they will look like a solid stone statue and also will feel like it via the weight. its a perfect material for a figure that is a statue. will be worth the money i think. :)

As for having a base and cherub, good news for those that like statues; but I'd just like the figure in screaming mode. It would be great if we had the option to buy just that although obviously it doesn't work that way.

I look forward to letting guests see them and then switching the hands/head when they aren't looking so the next time they see them they freak out.

You are an evil man...

Am I the only one who doesn't find the Weeping Angels to be THAT scary? I think they're sort of beautiful. And out of all the aliens/monsters on Doctor Who, I think you'd want to be killed by an Angel. I mean, you get to live your life anyway...just in another time period!

I think the Weeping Angels are a wise move by BCS, you can display them with both 10th and 11th Doctors.

The way they, kill, is very nice.
Scary, yes, but only ever in Blink. Actually I think they only ever worked well in Blink. Each use after that was just silly. However, in Blink, I'm must admit...it was the first episode of Who, ever, to make me jump. That is one of my favorite Who stories.

The way they, kill, is very nice.
Scary, yes, but only ever in Blink. Actually I think they only ever worked well in Blink. Each use after that was just silly. However, in Blink, I'm must admit...it was the first episode of Who, ever, to make me jump. That is one of my favorite Who stories.

I didn't understand how that angel grabbed Clara's ankle in Smith's last episode and she was just totally fine. Like, WTF? Really? That made them even less scary.

Most of the DW villains endure a watering down. The Daleks severely, even the Cybermen aren't really all that scary anymore. The Angels took a huge jump back through the Smith tenure and even the Silence which I loved and were scary in the beginning were kind of "neutered" with their involvement in the series ending for Smith.

That being said I will definitely have a Weeping Angel, Blink is one of my wife and my favorite episodes still.

Most of the DW villains endure a watering down. The Daleks severely, even the Cybermen aren't really all that scary anymore. The Angels took a huge jump back through the Smith tenure and even the Silence which I loved and were scary in the beginning were kind of "neutered" with their involvement in the series ending for Smith.

That being said I will definitely have a Weeping Angel, Blink is one of my wife and my favorite episodes still.

True enough. But I think if you're going to have a creature rule (one touch from an Angel and you're sent back in time), it's really fracking stupid to suddenly ignore said rule. Ah well. That's Moffat for you. What he did to the Silence in that last episode was atrociously stupid.

A Silence figure would still be awesome, though.

The Angels kept evolving (or devolving you might say) with each appearance. I'm just glad they got back to sending people back in time instead of just killing them or whatever. That was pretty boring.

One thing to remember about when the Angel grabbed Clara's ankle. We HAVE seen that before. I think you can infer that an Angel's touch and it's effect isn't instantaneous. The Angel has to initiate the process. This makes a lot of sense, because the Angel would be sending door knobs back in time every time it entered a door! Back in The Angels Take Manhattan, an Angel grabbed River's wrist, and she wasn't instantly transported. I guess in that case (like this one) she looked at the Angel in enough time to prevent it from activating the time-displacement.

Yes, this is a reach... but it kind of makes sense, too. :D

Back