Big Chief Studios Doctor Who Festival Convention Exclusive Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't pretend that you speak for me or even the majority of collectors.

Believe me we do appreciate all of our customers, even those who complain, after all they are entitled to. We just want people to know the facts and until you hear the words from the horse’s mouth as they say, rumour and supposition is all it will be. Thanks!

Purchasing collectables, no matter for how long, does not mean that you know more than the very people who are working on the products.

I should add this does not mean that these people know nothing, or have little knowledge on a subject. But please do not think that we study countless amounts of reference only to ignore it completely.

In fact we are currently re-working the Ninth Doctor portrait because we are not satisfied with it. We posted images of the prototype, which is always work in progress until we are happy with it and of course it is approved by talent.

That's awesome news! As I've said before, the original portrait was still more than good enough for a purchase, but I'm still glad to hear you guys will be tweaking it even further (especially since this is likely the only Ninth Doctor you'll ever make).

Oh and while I have you, is there any way you could pleeeeease make Eleven's green coat available other than through the purchase of a TARDIS? I'm dying to update my original Eleven figure with it, but an entire TARDIS is a bit out of my price range unfortunately. :)

Thanks to BCS for coming on here and clarifying things. It's always good to have accurate information.

The new Code of Conduct was created to help improve relations with manufacturers, but I see we still have a long way to go.

As a fan I'm also disappointed I won't be able to get the exclusive as I don't live in the UK, but exclusives have always been a part of this hobby and I don't see that changing any time soon. We may have been spoiled by Sideshow selling HT exclusives whereas the Hong Kong collectors have line up at a specific location at a specific time to get the same items.

But anyway, I understand that people can be passionate about this hobby, but let's try not to jump to conclusions or cite personal opinions or half heard rumors as facts, okay?

Last edited:
Thanks to BCS for coming on here and clarifying things. It's always good to have accurate information.

The new Code of Conduct was created to help improve relations with manufacturers, but I see we still have a long way to go.

As a fan I'm also disappointed I won't be able to get the exclusive as I don't live in the UK, but exclusives have always been a part of this hobby and I don't see that changing any time soon. We may have been spoiled by Sideshow selling HT exclusives whereas the Hong Kong collectors have line up at a specific location at a specific time to get the same items.

But anyway, I understand that people can be passionate about this hobby, but let's try not to jump to conclusions or cite personal opinions or half heard rumors as facts, okay?

I didn't really want to address this again Dave, but my comment which seemed to lead directly to BCS's response - that the series 8 Doctor hasn't sold well - wasn't a rumour. It was based on comments that were made a couple of months ago and the information came from BCS. I don't see any point in posting screenshots as that will just make things heated again, but obviously I have them. I'm delighted that the figure seems to have sold more since the summer.

The point is that a number of members here have been making assumptions and posting them as fact. Sitting at a keyboard making stuff up because you have an audience of like-minded individuals that propagate the inaccuracies further still, does not make you an expert. Purchasing collectables, no matter for how long, does not mean that you know more than the very people who are working on the products.

Case in point "...you were facing a ton of cancellations for coming out with the rooted Amy figure", so where did you pluck this little nugget from? Ironically despite the issues with Amy we actually received no more cancellation than any other figure. Furthermore we manufactured enough heads to cover both our direct sales and those sales made to retail. To date we still have more than half of these heads in stock and received only a handful of requests from US retailers seeking replacement heads for their customers.

And whilst your opinion does count, as I mentioned above twenty or so people here, is a mere fraction of our customer base.

I didn't really want to address this again Dave, but my comment which seemed to lead directly to BCS's response - that the series 8 Doctor hasn't sold well - wasn't a rumour. It was based on comments that were made a couple of months ago and the information came from BCS. I don't see any point in posting screenshots as that will just make things heated again, but obviously I have them. I'm delighted that the figure seems to have sold more since the summer.
And also many said on Facebook that they were going to cancel their orders for Amy when they saw the rooted hair production figure.

image.jpg

I really like this look on him. I probably would have bought this.

From FB:

12241286_10153102477046583_6709129597887768577_n.jpg

It's a nicely done exclusive.

(By the By, didn't read all this back and forth with BCS, I really hope they come back here, it got fairly intense)

Wow he looks great, if they still have stock on Sunday I am definitely getting him. I'll probably swap his head with the one that came with 11 though.

From FB:

(By the By, didn't read all this back and forth with BCS, I really hope they come back here, it got fairly intense)

No interest in the character but he does look great.

From FB:

Damn, I love that look! :rock Too bad I won't be owning one anytime soon! :gah: :(

I'm suprised nobody has uploaded any in hand photos of 12.

image.jpg

I am still in my hotel so I can't quite open him up properly yet but I'll upload a few of him tomorrow

Back