Big Chief Studios Doctor Who Festival Convention Exclusive Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Britain

Super Freak
Reaction score
From the BCS Facebook page:

We are pleased to announce that we will be attending the Doctor Who Festival on November 13th-15th 2015. We will have a wide range of our figures and art prints for sale at the event. Plus new prototypes of upcoming figures and a few surprises. Lastly we will be selling a yet to be announced Limited Convention Exclusive figure. Stay tuned for updates.

As exciting as this sounds, I can't see this being anything other than Capaldi with a different shirt or something... but please surprise me!

What do other people think?

There are rumors that this season is supposed to address the "Fires of Pompeii" appearance. What if it is something like this:

capaldi_doctor_who-1024x576.jpg

There are rumors that this season is supposed to address the "Fires of Pompeii" appearance. What if it is something like this:

capaldi_doctor_who-1024x576.jpg

oh really? That would be awesome if that gets (re)written into the show!

If it's something decent than I hope they make a pile of them and put them on the website afterwards.

Is it likely that a convention exclusive would then be sold through the website afterwards? I'm not asking that in a sarcastic way btw, it's a real question because it's the only way someone like me would be able to get it. Otherwise, if would be annoying as hell if they did something awesome like Caecilius but only made it available to the relative handful of people who will attend the show.

If they did do Caecilius -- and I am keeping in mind it is only a rumor -- they would need a totally new headsculpt though since Capaldi has aged quite a bit since Ten rescued him from ancient Rome.

(My guess for the exclusive would be the regeneration Capaldi head but in his series 9 cosmic hipster costume since the clothes are a big change from the look of the official series 8 figure but without needing a totally new headsculpt.)

If I were to guess, I'd say it's going to be an 11th Doctor variant, probably they ganged up with the run they did for the 7b 11th Doctor. The darker waistcoat he had on during his regeneration makes sense.

What about a Mercy Doctor? Limited run using existing tooling. Wouldn't be too hard. Use the new Stetson head and the green duster that is a pre-order incentive on the majority of series 7 Matt. Would be an easy bash of parts. Keeping it as a limited run wouldn't dampen the pre-order value.

Mercy Doctor would need a different hatband and hole in the hat, marshal badge and holster, completely new shirt and bowtie to be accurate, the coat he wears in that ep is also different from the one he wears in Closing Time. I already made my own Mercy Doctor. Personally I hope the exclusive is something I don't want.

My bet (and hope) is it will be series 8 Capaldi with a different colour shirt. Something that most fans could live without, but which can still be promoted as a rare variant and exclusive, just like the Tennant tie variant exclusive from last time.

If it were something more significant than that, personally I'd be a bit miffed.

Here's hoping one of those new prototypes is for the Ninth Doctor.

:goodpost: Yes!! We are due another Doctor preview me thinks!!

My bet (and hope) is it will be series 8 Capaldi with a different colour shirt. Something that most fans could live without, but which can still be promoted as a rare variant and exclusive, just like the Tennant tie variant exclusive from last time.

If it were something more significant than that, personally I'd be a bit miffed.

:exactly: I hope it's just a variant of some kind as well and not something completly new - I would be seriously annoyed if it was the latter, still reeling from the disappointment of a certain Hot Toys figure being a Toy Fair exclusive release. :lol

I
:goodpost: Yes!! We are due another Doctor preview me thinks!!

:exactly: I hope it's just a variant of some kind as well and not something completly new - I would be seriously annoyed if it was the latter, still reeling from the disappointment of a certain Hot Toys figure being a Toy Fair exclusive release. :lol
Which one's that? I've not followed anything other than BCS for a few months. And why aren't sideshow selling it?

There is the possibility it could be one of their vinyl figures too and not their 1/6th scale. Both are considered "figures" by them.

I don't think it will be another 11th Doctor since they just released a new one and don't want to hurt sales of that. Ditto with the 10th and 12th Doctors with new figures of those on the way too.

As far as existing figures go Amy is just taking up stock in their warehouse and not selling. Giving her a new outfit and making it a limited edition might move a few.

Maybe a 4th Doctor in a different outfit too, which I would expect would be released later on to the general public but with different packaging and with an accessory or two less to differentiate it from the exclusive version.

Final guess and one I find most likely would be a black and white version of the Hartnell figure. The only thing they would need to change are the colour of the waistcoat, bow tie and his face and hands. The rest of his outfit is monochrome as it is and last we heard the 1st Doctor figure sold well and was near sold out so there is a demand for the figure.

If it is a new character of vastly different version of an existing character I hope they at least put a few up for sale on the website for those of us who can't go to the con. Looking forward to seeing the new figures they bring, though. Hopefully it's Eccleston, McGann and a companion or monster or two.

I
Which one's that? I've not followed anything other than BCS for a few months. And why aren't sideshow selling it?

It's the Agent Hill one - Sideshow are selling it but I don't order from them (or from overseas) - it's just a personal preference thing - so my own fault really!! Just wish it had been a regular release instead.

There is the possibility it could be one of their vinyl figures too and not their 1/6th scale. Both are considered "figures" by them.

If it is a new character of vastly different version of an existing character I hope they at least put a few up for sale on the website for those of us who can't go to the con. Looking forward to seeing the new figures they bring, though. Hopefully it's Eccleston, McGann and a companion or monster or two.

:exactly: That's my biggest worry. I must have all the Doctors!! :panic: Looking forward to these "previews" as well, interested to see what else they have in store for us.

As their factory has a minimum order of 1000 pieces - according to BCS - I find it hard to believe that a brand new figure/ outfit wouldn't also be sold on the website, as they'd never sell that at a convention. I personally think it won't be anything other than a 10, 11 or 12 with some costume tweak - waistcoat, shirt or tie - and most likely 12 as the Doctor Who Festival is a celebration of Capaldi's Doctor. According to their spokesman the Capaldi figure has tanked (the incentive for the first 500 customers is still available so it's definitely sold less than half the run) so I wonder if they'll try and shift a couple of hundred of those.

But obviously I hope I'm wrong and it's something exciting that none of us have thought of.

Back