Big Chief Studios Doctor Who Festival Convention Exclusive Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As their factory has a minimum order of 1000 pieces - according to BCS - I find it hard to believe that a brand new figure/ outfit wouldn't also be sold on the website, as they'd never sell that at a convention. I personally think it won't be anything other than a 10, 11 or 12 with some costume tweak - waistcoat, shirt or tie - and most likely 12 as the Doctor Who Festival is a celebration of Capaldi's Doctor. According to their spokesman the Capaldi figure has tanked (the incentive for the first 500 customers is still available so it's definitely sold less than half the run) so I wonder if they'll try and shift a couple of hundred of those.

But obviously I hope I'm wrong and it's something exciting that none of us have thought of.

I may be misremembering - but wasn't the last exclusive just 100? And they sold 50 at the show and then had a lottery for the other 50 to buy online?

I may be misremembering - but wasn't the last exclusive just 100? And they sold 50 at the show and then had a lottery for the other 50 to buy online?

Yeah, I think you're right about it being a 100. And it was a variant of 10. I definitely agree it's almost certainly not a wholly new character. Of course, with all the Bad Wolf hints they've been putting in, it's also possible it's not an exclusive figure at all, but a Bad Wolf TARDIS.

It was, when I said 'a couple of hundred' I wasn't referring to the last exclusive just guessing at how many they might do of this one.

Of course, it doesn't have to be a Doctor - it could be an angel variant. CO did plenty of those. Maybe an angel with a tweed jacket?

I've always hoped that they'd do a regeneration figure of 10 and 11 using the old sculpts, which in my opinion would make a great convention exclusive - I'd love to see those sculpts with the current level of paint job and people would get a chance to get a brown suit 10 or Eleventh hour 11.

This was the last exclusive:

big-10th-ltd.jpg

Standard Release:

10th-Doctor-50th-Anni-07-noscale.jpg

The tie was the only difference.

I don't think it'll be a Smith offering but I do think it'll be something like that where the change is almost missed.

I do hope it's something as insignificant as the tie variant 10th Doctor" that, I can miss with no problem. I'd hate it to be something o couldn't get, but want a lot.

I do hope it's something as insignificant as the tie variant 10th Doctor" that, I can miss with no problem. I'd hate it to be something o couldn't get, but want a lot.

Yeah, there's no fun in that at all, although it gives the uber collectors something to be happy about.

Unless they then sell it on the website like everyone else does, which would be cool. The ones sold at the convention could always have an exclusive sticker on them or something.

Personally I prefer the tie on the regular release of Ten to the exclusive.

For some reason I was totally spacing that this wasn't until November. So, really, a variant of 12, a TARDIS or 11 is all likely. LOL.

Not sure if this has already been covered in one of the other BCS threads (if so, apologies) -

Back in the U.S. of A!

BIG Chief renew North American and Canadian rights for Doctor Who

We are pleased to announce that BIG Chief have negotiated a renewal with BBC America to sell our Doctor Who products to North American and Canadian retailers.

We know that a number of customers stateside are eager for the chance to purchase our products direct from domestic retail outlets and we are delighted to be able to confirm that our products will soon be available.

We are working with our distribution partners to ensure that our forthcoming releases, as well as in stock items, will be available to purchase from your favourite hobby and collector stores.

Big Chief Studios, 13th July 2015

Great news if you don't care about the pre-order bonuses and the spare BCS incentive sculpts. Though I suspect some retailer price gouging in the US. I wonder if this means we will be seeing slightly higher production runs.

Great news if you don't care about the pre-order bonuses and the spare BCS incentive sculpts. Though I suspect some retailer price gouging in the US. I wonder if this means we will be seeing slightly higher production runs.

Eleven has already jumped from 1000 to 1500 so he must have sold well. It's all good news and I bet BCS could find some way of making the incentives available in the US. You never know, it might even help us to see more Classic Doctors - I've bought from all kinds of countries but lots of people won't order from abroad no matter what.

The shipping is a deterrent to many I think, so increased sales may yield more product, as you say, yes. I could see the pre-order incentives make their way to us through select retailers, maybe, but no way are they going to give up the bonus sculpts that are BCS exclusives.

I think it depends on the specific figure and whether a particular exclusive, is a version I feel I must have .. for example there are Sideshow exclusives that I order direct but other standard releases I tend to buy locally.

A fair number of posts on this forum in the past (I seem to remember it was a particular issue when the Weeping Angel figure was announced), commented on the lack of a North American distribution network..so I think BCS are wise to have arranged local logistics, for their customers across the pond.

Great news for some looking to double dip too. The first Eleven was clearanced out pretty good (still kicking myself for not buying two) and so there will be US Retailers that'll order some like Nine for example and then when it doesn't move then clearance low and we can display both versions of the figure.

I wonder if BCS kind of screwed themselves with series 8 Twelve. Mine's fully paid for and I'm really looking forward to it since I have several other uses for the short-hair head, but I can really see why it's not exactly flying off the pre-order shelves. Compared with Ten (or the new Eleven), you really don't get as much for your money even though it costs the same and then the look they went with was already completely outdated even before series 8 ended. If you want a Twelve that looks the way he looks now, you're going to be completely happy with the regeneration head and the only things you might want from series 8 Twelve is the Crombie and maybe some of his magician hands.

Alter Ego Comics already has a bunch of the forthcoming BSC figures listed and converting from sterling to dollars (and I'm including shipping cost), it looks like the US figures will cost just about exactly the same as the one's bought directly from BCS -- only without the BCS extras. So I don't think that's in and of itself going to be a big money saver for US buyers. Even so, there is a definite psychological advantage to having the figures available from US retailers since I know a lot of people are nervous about buying from overseas (even with BCS's one day shipping service).

And like The Mike says, it will increase the chance of getting figures at clearance prices and even better, having the figures parted out which can be a real money saver.

That's a pretty sharp looking figure, although I'll still be happy enough with my Series 8 Capaldi. From pics it appears he'll still be wearing that original costume at times in the new series, so I don't think it'll feel that outdated.

And plus I think he looks better with the darker jacket and shorter hair anyway.

That's a pretty sharp looking figure, although I'll still be happy enough with my Series 8 Capaldi. From pics it appears he'll still be wearing that original costume at times in the new series, so I don't think it'll feel that outdated.

And plus I think he looks better with the darker jacket and shorter hair anyway.

:exactly: Same here. Great looking figure though. :)

Personally as someone who really likes this new look, which appears to be quite prominent during the upcoming series, I have to say that I feel rather sad that they chose this, of all things, to create such a limited exclusive out of. One which, by its very nature, will only ever be available to a small handful of people (most probably not even regular customers) and then retired, with no chance for non attending regular customers (let alone internationals) to ever purchase and add that particular 12th Doctor look to their shelves.

I'm usually pretty indifferent to exclusives, but this one just feels like it actively penalises regular customers who can't attend by denying them a chance at owning what seems to be a really rather significant variant outfit for the 12th Doctor. Maybe that's just me, though. :(

Back