Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay I called Fedex and actually managed to get them to redeliver! So quick thoughts:

No complaint with sculpts or paint, they look great to me. Watson in particular looks much more lifelike than he seems in photos.

Sherlock does seem a bit neckless. I'll probably order one of the bodies Gido recommends. I hope it doesn't make him tower TOO much over Watson…?

Also: huge thanks to BC for making these figures. You can always nitpick, but the thing is, I first discovered this show before it was even available in the States (through the, ah, magic of the Internet), and it's honestly incredible that we have high-quality figures from it now.

Are the feet an issue when you switch bodies? I seem to remember that BCS figures don't actually have feet? Will the shoes just plug into the new body?

Jeez, I hate FedEx! It gets here overnight from the UK, but then it takes 3 days for me to get it because signature required. ARGHHH!

This is why I always get it delivered to work. I know not everyone has that option, but we have a receptionist always covering the front and a daily FedEx delivery time.

Yeah, that does stink. I'm working from home tomorrow morning just to get the figures! The other option is traveling to the FedEx facility. It's on the other side of town for me, but it's what I did for Doctors 4 & 10. Of course, not everyone automatically has a facility nearby.

I would have them delivered to my work, but they get delivered to another building and there could be a day's delay getting to me just as it works through the system.

Got mine today!! :yess: They are both fantastic figures and well worth the wait. Love the sculpts and the paint apps look so much better in hand. Now I just need to find somewhere to display them!! :)

Are the feet an issue when you switch bodies? I seem to remember that BCS figures don't actually have feet? Will the shoes just plug into the new body?
There is shoes with slots for ball pegs.I plug pegs in with no problems.

Okay I called Fedex and actually managed to get them to redeliver! So quick thoughts:

No complaint with sculpts or paint, they look great to me. Watson in particular looks much more lifelike than he seems in photos.

Sherlock does seem a bit neckless. I'll probably order one of the bodies Gido recommends. I hope it doesn't make him tower TOO much over Watson…?
Issue for new, bigger body-suit jacket pockets may looks a bit to high, but fore me is no so important.

got mine today too... ended up with a $150 shipping bill... thanks SO much fedex... sigh. Sherlock was in pieces in the box... hands and feet had fallen off... but I'm switching out the body anyway. so no biggie... I think he looks great! jacket is really nice! I think a little steam will do the trick... and the new body too.

Just for laughs... before it was "official" I had put together a kit-bash version waiting for a head... here's what I had...
IMG_0866.jpg

The overcoat is nice but a bit thick, which combined with extremely loose joints, is making it a challenge to pose. I picked up one of those $20 knockoff bodies on ebay, hopefully that will work out.

got mine today too... ended up with a $150 shipping bill... thanks SO much fedex... sigh. Sherlock was in pieces in the box... hands and feet had fallen off... but I'm switching out the body anyway. so no biggie... I think he looks great! jacket is really nice! I think a little steam will do the trick... and the new body too.

Just for laughs... before it was "official" I had put together a kit-bash version waiting for a head... here's what I had...
View attachment 125802

I'm freakin out, 150??? Nop nop

I'm still torn on this one... It's asking for Hot Toys price, but still we are talking about replacing the stock body, tightening loose joints, etc, basically doing a kitbashing with the key parts. It seems to me one is better off getting the head and violin loose on evil bay later maybe? Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Back