Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a wonderful display on the previous page!

I got the Sherlock and Watson for Christmas last year and I really love them, in spite of some of the issues that have been brought up with them.

Moriarty has been a pass for me since day one of it being announced, regardless of the headsculpt. I'm satisfied with my pair and don't really feel the need to get anything more from this series.

Really liking the paintjob on the Deerstalker Holmes.
Wait and see how these will look in hand, but with good hopes, I think this would have helped the popularity of their first release immense.

I've been watching the door and Moriarty keep getting delayed.

A few days ago, the 221b door was on for the 23rd Sept. They've just changed it to 11th November!! Moriarty is now 31st of October.

I understand production delays. I understand that they've been working on their quality issues. What I don't or can't understand is their bad customer service. These people have our money (I paid in full and up front over a year ago). Why can't they email customers with updates? Just a quick apology and the new expected release date. Why does it take having to physically go to their site to look? I just find it disrespectful. No more preorders from me. I can't take them seriously any more. Not when they don't acknowledge customer loyalty.

I'll do like Baggins and wait until they're released to decide if their quality warrants my spend.

A few days ago, the 221b door was on for the 23rd Sept. They've just changed it to 11th November!! Moriarty is now 31st of October.

I understand production delays. I understand that they've been working on their quality issues. What I don't or can't understand is their bad customer service. These people have our money (I paid in full and up front over a year ago). Why can't they email customers with updates? Just a quick apology and the new expected release date. Why does it take having to physically go to their site to look? I just find it disrespectful. No more preorders from me. I can't take them seriously any more. Not when they don't acknowledge customer loyalty.

I'll do like Baggins and wait until they're released to decide if their quality warrants my spend.

They're a "small company" dude...cut them some slack. :wink1:

Agree with that. Some form of update would be nice.

So those two pieces have been pushed back as well :thud: I'll have to wait a bit longer before deciding on whether to get Moriarty then - I wanna see in-hand pics first!!! I want know what happened to that Mycroft figure they previewed ages ago too...not heard anything about that one for a while!

Blimey, this thread was buried so far in the forum, I had trouble finding it. :lol

Anyway, the door arrived today, for those that are interested:

The hatted Sherlock sculpt is a VAST improvement paint wise.

I really like the door. Simple and effective.

Here's a few crappy iPhone shots, so apologies, but they'll do until someone with a good camera can take some.

IMG_7133.JPG

IMG_7135.JPG

FullSizeRender(5).jpg

The door looks great Anx10us, and the deerstalker head seems to have a better paintjob.

I find it a great way of posing the figure with the famous 221b number.

One of the better dioramas I have seen.

Yeah, it is very good.

The paint on the diorama is just right - a bit of grime, but not overdone - that doesn't show up in my pictures, sorry.

The railing is a separate piece that's held on with magnets. Battery compartment on back for the light - 2x AAA batteries.

Also, the box art is very well done. They triple-boxed it all too.

Shame BCS are terrible at customer service and it took a year and a half to deliver it, but can't fault the item. Was £200 all in.

Now waiting for Moriarty. . .

Last edited:
Blimey, this thread was buried so far in the forum, I had trouble finding it. :lol

Anyway, the door arrived today, for those that are interested:

The hatted Sherlock sculpt is a VAST improvement paint wise.

I really like the door. Simple and effective.

Here's a few crappy iPhone shots, so apologies, but they'll do until someone with a good camera can take some.

View attachment 310128

Congrats!! Looks like a nice display piece. That new sculpt looks great! :)

Back