Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my shipping payment notice today and it was $30 pounds to the US. The part I am confused about is that it says there was a discount for pre ordering it but When I compare it to how much I would have paid Big Bad toy Store I would have saved about $150 with BBTS. I know this is the signature addition but does it come with any thing else other then being packaged together? I am excited to get these figures but I wish I would have waited for the savings.

I got my shipping payment notice today and it was $30 pounds to the US. The part I am confused about is that it says there was a discount for pre ordering it but When I compare it to how much I would have paid Big Bad toy Store I would have saved about $150 with BBTS. I know this is the signature addition but does it come with any thing else other then being packaged together? I am excited to get these figures but I wish I would have waited for the savings.

It is more expensive than getting it from BBTS. When they first advertised them, they didn't say they were selling elsewhere. But with the exchange rates and the shipping from the UK it's definitely more expensive. Here's the comparison, though, and it might not be AS much as you think:

The pair costs £282.32 for people outside the UK, or about $483.93 US with the current exchange rate.
Add in £30 for shipping ($51.42) and the total is $535.35 to get it to your door.

With BBTS, they are $229.99 each. So that's $459.98 for the pair. Add in about $12 for shipping, and your total is $471.98. So if one had waited (although we didn't know to wait, because BCS said it was an exclusive to them) it would have been a savings of $63.

Now, am I HAPPY to be paying that extra? No. But, I suspect the reason that they are now offering these (and the 4th Doctor) up is that they didn't sell out through their site as planned. They probably thought they would be exclusives to their site. They are going to make less money on these figures because they are now giving some money to the distributors. I suppose if this is the way they can keep making figures, then I'm cool with that. Now, I do wonder if people will take the "BCS exclusive" moniker as seriously now, though. But, if someone tries to wait to get it cheaper, I guess they are always running the risk of a sell-out.

It is more expensive than getting it from BBTS. When they first advertised them, they didn't say they were selling elsewhere. But with the exchange rates and the shipping from the UK it's definitely more expensive. Here's the comparison, though, and it might not be AS much as you think:

The pair costs £282.32 for people outside the UK, or about $483.93 US with the current exchange rate.
Add in £30 for shipping ($51.42) and the total is $535.35 to get it to your door.

With BBTS, they are $229.99 each. So that's $459.98 for the pair. Add in about $12 for shipping, and your total is $471.98. So if one had waited (although we didn't know to wait, because BCS said it was an exclusive to them) it would have been a savings of $63.

Now, am I HAPPY to be paying that extra? No. But, I suspect the reason that they are now offering these (and the 4th Doctor) up is that they didn't sell out through their site as planned. They probably thought they would be exclusives to their site. They are going to make less money on these figures because they are now giving some money to the distributors. I suppose if this is the way they can keep making figures, then I'm cool with that. Now, I do wonder if people will take the "BCS exclusive" moniker as seriously now, though. But, if someone tries to wait to get it cheaper, I guess they are always running the risk of a sell-out.

I agree with everything you said but I had paid $345.82 pounds before the shipping not 282.32 like you mentioned so it is a lot more and your right there was no way of knowing that one would get one if they didn't jump on it. I wont make the same mistake in the future But it sounds like these will be great figures!

Hmmm... you shouldn't have paid that much! The large price on their site is for UK residents. If you're outside the UK, you don't have to pay VAT so you should be paying the minus VAT price.

yup!! thanks gido... all done now!!!!
ohman!!!! so soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you got it sorted!

Hmmm... you shouldn't have paid that much! The large price on their site is for UK residents. If you're outside the UK, you don't have to pay VAT so you should be paying the minus VAT price.

:lol The joys of living in the UK!!

Got my initial payment sorted with customer service, and not these guys are fully paid off!!!! I can't wait!

Yeah, I think it's the same service. It is expensive, but it's hard to deny the joy of getting it the next day!

Shipping paid ....do I win most expensive 1/6 shipping ever? 44pounds (...translating to A$90)

Most expensive ever 1/6 figures for me as well (being the signed number pairs) ....hope they are worth it!

Okay, at some point (it means when I can find some time), and since they're not offering a deerstalker head, I plan on recasting my head, truncating the top and sculpt an alternate head with a deerstalker. Would there be anyone interested if I (ever) do so?:)

Okay, at some point (it means when I can find some time), and since they're not offering a deerstalker head, I plan on recasting my head, truncating the top and sculpt an alternate head with a deerstalker. Would there be anyone interested if I (ever) do so?:)
I'm looking just for 1/6 deerstalker (no sculpt;)Does any body knows where I can find one?

Big Chief announced on their FB page that their figures will be 'in port' next Friday (25th) and will be arriving with them the week after, when they will start shipping them.

Back