Big Chief Studios - 1:6 Doctor Who - The Master (Roger Delgado)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is something not quite right about the eyes... maybe just the paint or the lighting. :dunno

333b9f9a8328f00d78a51c4e0d69d7e1.jpg

Honestly the likeness is quite good. A bit off on certain areas but overal is not bad at all. Didnt plan on getting him but i'm tempted now. Based on the price (shouldn't be too expensive, more like the 8th doctor price ) and with what he will come (the robes from the daemon would be very nice) I might buy him.
171dda9218edb93a342918c9767d0c99.jpg

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Maybe It's the paint job, but after seeing these images he's looks even less like Delgado imo.

Yeah, I can see it's off there. Needs the brows(well, maybe left brow) down lower and the mouth more frowny

Looking forward to preordering on Wednesday, and getting him in, 2022!! Haha
I do like the ‘doll’ accessory. Good choice from BCS.

I think the brows are too symmetrical. I wish it had one brow raised and one lowered, as he so frequently made that facial expression. I agree that they should give the face a bit more ?shadow? around the eyes, but given that I usually find BC?s paint application a bit flat and ?doll-like?, I doubt that they will successfully do that. Other than these criticisms, it seems like a good likeness. If the finished product looks at least this good, has good accessories, and a decent price, I will call it a win!

Ordered! The inclusion of a real metal fencing sword is an imaginative incentive.

cd9f238387503bfa878ca79f54469780.jpg

I wish they had included an extra one for Pertwee though.

Ordered! The inclusion of a real metal fencing sword is an imaginative incentive.

cd9f238387503bfa878ca79f54469780.jpg

I wish they had included an extra one for Pertwee though.
If you pay in full you will have two of them so one for the 3rd doctor :)

Oh... well i can?t afford to pay in full. Ah well. I suppose 1:6 metal fencing swords aren?t hard to find? lol

It’s not much of an incentive ...
My issue was when they show the single image of the character just standing , looking rather plain, at the bottom of the page.
I looked at it and thought it reminded me of my ood figure.

That took 30 minutes to go through the checkout. I kept getting captcha prompts that kept reloading... thought it would never end.
Anyways, bought now.
I’ve paid for this, three Doctors and, Parker.
If my memory is correct: the 13th Doctor and the 3rd , and Parker are all free postage.

Having been lucky enough for this to drop when I could pay in full, I'm pretty chuffed at the two fencing swords incentive myself, and the Third Doctor and The Master facing off ala The Sea Devils will probably be my first display choice. :)

That took 30 minutes to go through the checkout. I kept getting captcha prompts that kept reloading... thought it would never end.
Anyways, bought now.
I’ve paid for this, three Doctors and, Parker.
If my memory is correct: the 13th Doctor and the 3rd , and Parker are all free postage.

I might be wrong, but according to my purchase list notes the 13th Doctor was free shipping/fully paid, the 3rd Doctor I have listed as shipping still to pay. Parker I can't speak to as I don't collect Gerry Anderson stuff.

I was traveling through older posts.
We definitely commented on the 13th having free postage.
I’m pretty sure Parker was free as well.
The 3rd Doctor. I really can’t remember and can’t find anything.
The 4th Doctor, I’m sure said nothing about free postage.

Back to trawling!!

It took 6 months for US retailers to have this up for order? I broke down and ordered this a month ago thinking the only place I could was BCS direct. Now it’s $20 less through BBTS plus the $4 shipping has to be less than what I’ll pay though Big Chief and a possible customs snafu WTF.

It always take a few month for them to be available to retailer and unless its clearly stated, they are not bcs exclusive. But its true that i haven't seen him in any retailer.. They have always been available to retailer so maybe its because they extended the offers, thus extending the time before being available to retailer ?

Don't you miss out on the exclusive bits with the other retailers?
Yes you don't have the special price and all the accessories only available by payment plan/in full. You also don't have the signature edition. But for people in the US i think when you add the custom fee, shipping etc.. it cost quite a bit, so its better to order from sideshow. For exemple i see the master is at 230$ and if you paid in full on bcs it was 227$ (without shipping and fee).

Back