Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

If the figure had sold out in the first hour, it could have been a real problem as they gave the wrong time. As it is, everything is fine.

Glad everyone got theirs. Looking forward to seeing some in-hand pictures. I saw the prototype at last year's LFCC and was pretty impressed. Now for news of the Baker Street boys...

Not actually specific to you Mau, my friend, but...This is getting weird as they did not give the wrong time at all, 6pm GMT is correct as we Brits, even after we have made the Daylight Saving Time adjustment, still use GMT because, effectively it still is to us.

We do not walk around saying "Hey my watch says it's 5pm, but you know really...it's only 4pm!" There is not one British person that would read 6pm GMT and assume that the DST adjustment was not already accounted for. I know that there are other DST shifts in the world, that the UK is not alone...so I am confused as to why this has really seemed to have become an issue.

I'm a little surprised this one is not sold out yet. Didn't the signature edition of David Tennant go in about 10 minutes or something like that?

Not actually specific to you Mau, my friend, but...This is getting weird as they did not give the wrong time at all, 6pm GMT is correct as we Brits, even after we have made the Daylight Saving Time adjustment, still use GMT because, effectively it still is to us.

We do not walk around saying "Hey my watch says it's 5pm, but you know really...it's only 4pm!" There is not one British person that would read 6pm GMT and assume that the DST adjustment was not already accounted for. I know that there are other DST shifts in the world, that the UK is not alone...so I am confused as to why this has really seemed to have become an issue.

I really shouldn't continue this but...not all countries use daylight saving so GMT is the fixed point. There seem to have been some people who were using GMT as their measure for when the order started, so it could have caused problems. As I said, it didn't cause any problems, so all is fine.

Yahoo! Got mine ordered at approximately 4:20 PM EST so it's not sold out yet.

I was going to wait until tomorrow and get the regular limited edition but the temptation was just too great.

I really like the payment plan option provided this time around so that when the figure actually ships it will be all paid for and ready to rock. :clap

I'm a little surprised this one is not sold out yet. Didn't the signature edition of David Tennant go in about 10 minutes or something like that?

Tom's probably not as big with the fangirls.

Probably. I'm sure a lot of people bought Tennant because it's Tennant.

Smith and Tennant are the most current Doctors, and both have large fangirl followings, so you would expect they would be the best sellers. The real test for BC is ahead now. With the big 3 having been tackled, everything from here on out is gonna be a tough sell, especially at these prices.

Just updated on FB:

Big Chief Studios Limited
Only 20 pieces left!!!

WOW! That's a great looking Harpo. Do you think they'll do Groucho?

Seriously, my favourite Doctor. May have to get one.

WOW! That's a great looking Harpo. Do you think they'll do Groucho?

Seriously, my favourite Doctor. May have to get one.

Oucho. Better hurry if you want the signed one.

Alright, alright, I bit. Placed the deposit.

Has anyone in the US gotten their payment instructions for #10 yet?

sold out again according to my code diff browser plugin

Sold out!!!

It was a much smoother PO this time than all the ones before. I saw the alert on my FB that 108 had sold already before I realized the time and was able to simply click the link and order one. This is my 3rd Signature Edition, it's making me very tempted to just nab the SE Amy to have the set.

I really hope that the Sherlock figures are next up with Signature Editions to boot.

Anyone happen to get more than 1?
I was away at a funeral when the original email came, and today followed the link from it but apparently not in time for BCS to get the ordering link to me.

Back