Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

I think the Tom Baker was always going to sell well enough to make them happy (I hope so anyhow), I just hope that the Hartnell can do likewise if that truly does go up before the end of the year.

Considering Tom is 80 now, i figure this is my best chance to get anything signed by him, had to go for it, glad it all went smoothly for everyone as well, ordering 10 was a pain in the...

I'm tempted to get this, but it's quite a lot, especially since I have Ten on pre-order and would like to get the 50th anniversary Eleven.

So, it was made available at 18:00 BST? That's not what the pre-order notification said. :/

Considering Tom is 80 now, i figure this is my best chance to get anything signed by him, had to go for it, glad it all went smoothly for everyone as well, ordering 10 was a pain in the...

Not to be macabre, but this was my thinking, too. He appears at a good amount of cons in the UK, but not so much here.

I'm tempted to get this, but it's quite a lot, especially since I have Ten on pre-order and would like to get the 50th anniversary Eleven.

So, it was made available at 18:00 BST? That's not what the pre-order notification said. :/

Yes it is. It went live at 18:00 their time. :dunno

Yep. The thought occurred to me as well....

:exactly::goodpost:^^^ All the more reason why this will be highly sought after.

The pre-order notification said 6 pm GMT. The UK is currently in British Summer Time, which is an hour ahead of GMT.

I am sure by GMT they meant local time. Here in Mountain Standard Time we don't say MST+1 during daylight savings. If we say 11:00 am MST it means 11:00 MST time. If you thought they meant GMT+1 you must have been over thinking things.

Dragged myself out of bed at 3am, realised I needed to wake up at 4am instead, got up again at 4am, put in my order, came into this thread and turns out the PO started at 3am, an hour earlier than stated. A bit surprised and pretty happy I didn't miss out.

Yeah, c'mon guys, your sat at a computer. You have instant access to a world clock!

Yeah, c'mon guys, your sat at a computer. You have instant access to a world clock!
That's not the problem. Put simply, BCS provided the wrong time. It's not a massive issue, but it could easily be misleading. :p

What time is it in England tomorrow?

A world clock doesn't help when the PO time is an hour earlier than the advertised time :dunno

World clock said 11:00 am london time. PO started at 11:00 am London time. :dunno

Glad you got it though. :yess:

World clock said 11:00 am london time. PO started at 11:00 am London time. :dunno

Glad you got it though. :yess:

I'm confused. I'm going back to bed and maybe it'll make sense when I get up.

But no matter, everyone's happy :)

I did over-estimate how many Dr Who figure nerds would be at their keyboards trying to buy them though.

Back