Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

:yess:

fresh out the box pics. got #0077. very happy with it, the 5'oclok is really subtle, looks great, not overdone at all. the detail on the hair sculpt is incredible, wow! well done BCS, well done.

Yeah, that looks way better than the Hobo Joe I ended up with.

A guy on Facebook posted that his figure has been paid in full for the longest time and he hasn't received it yet. He said he's sent countless emails and messages and every one ofthem have gone ignored. He's now threatening to go to Trading Standards. What the heck is going on over there? BCS really needs to get a hold on these types of problems.

A guy on Facebook posted that his figure has been paid in full for the longest time and he hasn't received it yet. He said he's sent countless emails and messages and every one ofthem have gone ignored. He's now threatening to go to Trading Standards. What the heck is going on over there? BCS really needs to get a hold on these types of problems.

I don't think they're doing it on purpose, I get the sense that it's one or two people running the entire show over there, and they can't afford to hire more crew to shoulder the load. I've only ever e-mailed them once, and within two days I had a reply with a tracking number, so it's just luck of the draw I guess.

I don't think they're doing it on purpose, I get the sense that it's one or two people running the entire show over there, and they can't afford to hire more crew to shoulder the load. I've only ever e-mailed them once, and within two days I had a reply with a tracking number, so it's just luck of the draw I guess.

Underworld knows this. Doesn't matter. He will still put their ***** to the wall for it. :lol

I've emailed BC 4 times, and always had a reply within two days. I've found them nice helpful guys. They clearly work very hard as two replies came in the wee small hours!

I sent two e-mails regarding the Amy Pond head and a broken wrist peg on Amy 8 days ago, and have not received a response. This is actually the first time that's happened, though part of me wondered if it was because it was Amy related and they have still pushed off sending out her heads in favor of dealing with 4/10 issues. It's not too urgent for me, but I can understand people getting antsy—especially if they'd paid for something and had no idea when it was coming. Though, I will say there are a lot of people who THINK they are paid up but actually didn't pay the shipping, too, I've seen. So it, it's hard to tell. But, I am really starting to worry about how this sort of thing is going to effect customers. :(

They have been really strangely silent lately. It's almost like they don't want to even post on Facebook for fear of having a flood of more questions. I guess we'll just have to hope they are quietly beavering away at getting through their e-mails and people will be replied to soon.

I sent two e-mails regarding the Amy Pond head and a broken wrist peg on Amy 8 days ago, and have not received a response. This is actually the first time that's happened, though part of me wondered if it was because it was Amy related and they have still pushed off sending out her heads in favor of dealing with 4/10 issues. It's not too urgent for me, but I can understand people getting antsy—especially if they'd paid for something and had no idea when it was coming. Though, I will say there are a lot of people who THINK they are paid up but actually didn't pay the shipping, too, I've seen. So it, it's hard to tell. But, I am really starting to worry about how this sort of thing is going to effect customers. :(

They have been really strangely silent lately. It's almost like they don't want to even post on Facebook for fear of having a flood of more questions. I guess we'll just have to hope they are quietly beavering away at getting through their e-mails and people will be replied to soon.

But what's new? This is how it is, and will be until BC achieve the sales that allow them to expand. It's been like this for three years. I've never had poor customer service from BC but if I did I'd be annoyed. What we do know is that in the end they come through and sometimes we get nice surprises (like 'only' having to wait 11 months for Ten...).

They have been quiet, but the trouble is that when they do say something it rarely makes life easier for them; yet when they don't say anything we have nothing to talk about so fill the gap with negative comment. They should be posting preproduction photos/ info regularly.

Underworld knows this. Doesn't matter. He will still put their ***** to the wall for it. :lol

Seriously PT? I'm not getting on anyone's case. Why don't you go ahead and look at my reply to the person complaining.

Settle down pilgrim. I was just commenting on your tenacity. Not sure why you would take offense to what I wrote. In a way, it was a compliment really. :dunno

Settle down pilgrim. I was just commenting on your tenacity. Not sure why you would take offense to what I wrote. In a way, it was a compliment really. :dunno

I hear ya. I tried giving the guy/girl a rational explanation on why his figure hasn't shiped. If anything I was giving BCS the benefit of the doubt on Facebook.

Finally got around to opening Tom yesterday and he is absolutely one of my favorite figures, not just of the Doctors but definitely of all figures. All put together he looks fantastic and I can't wait for the rest of the classic Doctors.

Finally got around to opening Tom yesterday and he is absolutely one of my favorite figures, not just of the Doctors but definitely of all figures. All put together he looks fantastic and I can't wait for the rest of the classic Doctors.

Glad to see that Tom's getting more love these days.

I have an important question:

What paint did you use to repaint the face of your Tom Baker 1:6 figure?
Is it non water based? I would like to know because I'm thinking of repainting
my Tom's face. too.
Thank you!
:)

Today is Tom's 80th birthday. Happy Birthday Tom!

He should celebrate by getting out the figure that BC gave him and having a play with it!

Finally received mine from across the pond today. Absolutely love it. Tom Baker will always be my favorite Doctor, and I'm so glad I got this awesome figure in my collection. All the details in the outfit are really nice.

I'll post some comparison pics of various 12" Toms later

Back