Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

qune4usy.jpg
qu6aqydu.jpg
ynu2unuz.jpg

Whoever tailored that s16/17 costume did a beautiful job. How did you get that big loop in the scarf?

Finally got Big Chief to get back to me about the missing button. They want me to return the coat with the missing button at my own expense for them to send a new coat.

I'll probably keep the figure as is now, but won't do business with them again.

Did they say they were shipping out the replacement tomorrow?

Finally got Big Chief to get back to me about the missing button. They want me to return the coat with the missing button at my own expense for them to send a new coat.

I'll probably keep the figure as is now, but won't do business with them again.

sans the general annoyance of having to send a part back this is the biggest prob with how they are handling the issues, loss of future customers. its shocking they didnt consider this at all? if they dont want to deal with replacement issues like this tighten up quality control.

I am annoyed at how the returns are being handled but I won't say it will effect me returning as a customer. They definitely have me by the balls for life. :horror

:lol

It's combination of they way they handled this whole situation. I received the figure with a missing button three months ago. It took two months to get a reply at all in which they originally told me they'd send the new button out with the David Tennant figure I had tried to cancel or three separate occasions. When I told them I didn't want the figure and just send the button, I got no response for several weeks until I e-mailed them again a couple of days ago. At that point, they tell me they can't send a button and I have to return the coat to get a replacement. It's all added up to the point that I will don't want to try with them anymore.

It's too bad, because I like the figure, just not the company.

Wait... they want you to send back in a coat to get a button??!!? I thought they were just doing the "send it back" thing with the bases and heads, which I could kind of see as those are wanted items that people might double up and sell. But a coat button? :(

I really like all the effort that BCS goes through, but if this is true and not a misunderstanding, it just proves they desperately need to hire a customer service professional to do this part for them and to help guide them as to best practices. It's a shame to think they'd lose customers (which they certainly could) because of poor follow-through on this kind of thing.

They said they do not have any extra buttons, so I'd have to replace the entire coat. I'd have no problem sending it back, if I didn't have to pay for shipping because something was missing out of the box.

its crazy, cant wrap my head around it really. have dealt with quality control probs before over the yrs of collecting and i have never been asked to send anything back to the company, how2work in hong kong shipped me a replacement gun when the one with my priest figure arrived with a busted trigger guard, max factory/goodsmile in japan sent a new head for my berserker armor guts when the one i have arrived with a glue mark. i.e.

anything other than "sorry we will send you a replacement" is just so bizarre and insulting as a customer. so anti what you would expect a company trying to right a wrong would do, you know? especially a smaller company that needs a loyal fanbase in moving forward. IMO

word will spread that if you have probs with a BCS figure then its a hassle to get it fixed, you have to pay out of pocket on top of what you have already payed for a misisng button for a head sculpt that got scuffed via there packaging?

im sorry for the whine but i love BCS and hate to see them take this hard lined and silly approach that isnt necessary and in the long run will alienate the customers.

I'm sorry to read about all these hassles people are having. I think good customer service is a long term investment that always pays off. In the past I've bought stuff from John Lewis (a UK retailer renowned for its good service) and had to have it replaced. This has been done without a quibble, and at some cost to the company - which today reported every employee will be getting a bonus amounting to 15% of their salary, so they must be doing something right. The result for me is that I always buy from John Lewis and would never buy anywhere else. PC World - never, ever again. They got my money once, that's it.

With figures so expensive, when you hear stories like tdk's it makes you think twice before pulling the trigger on a figure. That's particularly sad for me to hear because my personal experience with BCS is of absolutely stellar customer service, so I hope they review their policy and view it as a long term investment in themselves.

Hi mate, a friend built it for me! Sorry for delay in reply! I'll do another pic

Back