Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Clara Oswald

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I ever buy from BCS again I'll pay the deposit only and the rest when it's ready to ship.

Doctor Who is what started this hobby for me, I originally wanted a Doctor Who collection but it has kinda turned into a favourite characters from all kinds of franchises collection. I feel I have everything I need representing the time when I loved this show. Also I don't have a lot of female figures, so she would just look totally out of place. Actually so does Amy. Instead of getting more female figures that just don't appeal that much to me, getting rid of the few I have seems the better solution.

WOW! Got this email from BCS

Dear Customer,

The eagerly awaited figures in the Doctor Who Sixth Scale Collector Figure line have passed the final quality assurance checks and are on their way to our warehouse.

Our freight forwarders have advised us that stock of the Clara Oswald, Rose Tyler, the War Doctor and the 10th Dcotor figures are scheduled to land around mid March.

From the highly detailed hand-tailored costumes to the accurate hand-painted character likenesses, each figure has been faithfully reproduced from our original production masters and final prototypes.

We will have more exciting announcements for Doctor Who fans in the coming weeks, including the fan-favourite 3rd Doctor and the upcoming first female Doctor.

Please note that we will be sending you a follow on email regarding outstanding payments, plus shipping costs in the coming weeks ahead of the stock arriving.

In the meantime we thought you guys might like to see a selection of images taken during the QC inspection attached herewith.

Enjoy
The BIG Chief Team

Been so long since I ordered Clara, I can't remember when.

I'm quite excited about getting a third Doctor.

Yeah I got that email too. And from what I could see in their pics, the final figure seems to have turned out well, which is a relief.

Shame they never bothered to improve Rose though. I might have been tempted to get her if she looked as good as Clara (or hell, even Amy).

Yeah I got that email too. And from what I could see in their pics, the final figure seems to have turned out well, which is a relief.

Shame they never bothered to improve Rose though. I might have been tempted to get her if she looked as good as Clara (or hell, even Amy).

I agree, Clara appears to have turned out well. Rose, on the other hand I've always thought was a real stinker.

Can you guys please share the Clara pics please?

Here is the unboxed picture they shared.

clara.jpg

Thanks! I'm not feeling the likeness but the clothing seems to be really nice. I think she needs darker brown eyes, that may help the likeness.

I think she looks pretty great. The peach lighting is dulling the eyes, I think, but overall I think she looks really good.

Yeah I agree the eyes probably need improved a bit, but the rest looks pretty good. Thankfully it doesn't look like it'll require a full repaint like most prior DW figures did.

I didn’t receive that email, but I got the Thunderbirds one.
So, next month for Clara, Rose, War Doctor, Scott and Virgil ... cool.
Clara was ordered March 2016, so it’s only been 2 years !!! Hahaha

News of the 3rd Doctor will be welcoming. The pics I’ve seen so far of him are fantastic.

Back to Clara: looks good from what I can see.

Clara has turned out pretty good, looking forward to getting her and the War Doctor. :) Glad I didn't order Rose though, she doesn't look good at all.

Looking forward to seeing the full Third Doctor reveal too!! :yess:

Just got my notice to pay for shipping for Clara. Glad to finally be receiving her and Rose. Rose should be here tomorrow and I'm guessing Clara next week.

^ I got mine too! They usually tend to ship them out pretty quickly after payment, so hopefully should be 'in-hand' early next week I would think. :)

Yup. Just checked, and shipping payment is made.
Got the tracking notice that Rose was on its way as of yesterday.
So- Sunday, War Doctor arrived, Thursday Virgil arrived, today, I’m expecting Scott. Rose is scheduled to arrive Wednesday. And now Clara (likely next Sunday).
Five BC figures inside two weeks!!!

Yup. Just checked, and shipping payment is made.
Got the tracking notice that Rose was on its way as of yesterday.
So- Sunday, War Doctor arrived, Thursday Virgil arrived, today, I’m expecting Scott. Rose is scheduled to arrive Wednesday. And now Clara (likely next Sunday).
Five BC figures inside two weeks!!!

Enjoy lol After 8 you probably won't see a new one for 3 years.

It’s been a good run recently.
The 3 Goldfinger figures came out on schedule , then the Thunderbirds were on schedule, the three Doctor Who figures are about two years behind schedule, but have now caught up.
8th is due in May, and I’m sure it will be.
I’ve got Captain Scarlet (my most eagerly wanted figure of all time) due in September,
Then there’s the next wave of Bond around the same time.
And this week sees the preorder on the next three Thunderbirds.
I think BC have have really got it together now.

Back