Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #11 Matt Smith in Series 7 costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I see of this figure, the more anxious I get to own it.

10299958_10152453069951139_6212334390971048285_n.jpg

I never saw it mentioned that they were off the table although given the poor sales of Amy I would imagine they will be few and far between. I would imagine that they'll probably do Sarah Jane Smith eventually as she is still heavily beloved and with as important as they're making Clara and that she has been with three different Doctors on adventures I would imagine she is a safe bet as well.

If I had to guess I would say that companions would be made on a case by case kind of thing, each sale equaling whether another would be made.

BCS had planned to make a few companions but this was well in the early stages of the company, i came across an old BCS trade order form in my shop and looked back at what was scheduled originally to come out that year with the Eleventh Doctor.
I think the new Eleventh Doctor looks amazing and i have ordered one for myself. If it gets offered out to trade i will buy some stock for my shop too. I just had the Eleventh Doctor Dynamix in and that is really cool. I am glad to see that BCS is picking up and getting product out as they are a great gang and i really want them to be successful.

Interesting, lines up with some things I heard way back when.

Still, we all know full well how the Karen Gillan likeness situation went, and the resulting fallout from how that affected the final product, so I imagine that pretty much put the kibosh on them bothering with the variant version of Amy as part of the proposed two pack, and that likewise probably sabotaged the idea of bothering to do Rory at all. Bit of a shame, but there you go.

I wonder why they didn't go forward with Sarah Jane? Perhaps the unhappiness with how Amy turned out (not just the likeness thing, but let's face it, the outfit was far from their best work, as well) and the resulting stagnant sales. Or perhaps Tom Baker's Doctor selling less than they expected gave them cold feet in regards to classic series companions, even one as popular as Sarah Jane, who was also part of the modern era. Or very likely a mix of the two.

Does make one wonder how far those plans got, and whether we might still see her pop up one day. I mean if they are ever going to try a companion again, and they weren't going for whoever was currently on the show, then Sarah Jane (or Rose) would logically seem like the safest bets. And with what they went through with Gillan, the idea of going through the same with Piper may seem like a losing proposition right from the off, at least based on her past form.

Just for the record, if the sculpt was good, and the rest was up to standard, I would have bought Sarah Jane. In fact any time Big Chief wants to do Sarah Jane, K-9, The Brig, and Jack Harkness, they pretty much have my money guaranteed, unless something goes seriously wrong. Others, including my favourite classic companion, Leela (who would need something like a Phicen body to look good in 1/6 scale), I'd have to take on a case by case basis. Mind you, probably still wisest to focus primarily on getting the remaining Doctors done at this point, then worry about expanding the line.

Wow, that list is crazy to see! I know in the early days there was talk of Amy, Rory and River pretty early on. I had no idea they'd planned that much in such a short time, too. Sarah Jane will hopefully still happen. I remember they were talking about Clara, too, when she first came on board. I suspect some of this is due to the somewhat sluggish sales of even the Doctor figures at lower production runs than they first planned.

There biggest set back was the whole business with the factory in China. They were so enthusiastic at the beginning i just hope they have not become too jaded. There products are great i really do not understand why they are not selling out on the Dynamix Stylized Figures i really dig those. Hopefully now that Diamond is picking up more of their stock we will see it in more comic and specialty shops, and that can only be a good thing for BCS.

Jon good luck with Eon Quest.

Oh, so sorry pixletwin! I'm not native English, I got lost sometimes. blush.gif
I'm really excited about getting 11th. I think he is very close to my ideal look https://oi61.tinypic.com/24oozmq.jpg
Do all BCS figures have that shiny faces? Or just bad promo photos? I've never seen any of them live yet.

Just for the record, if the sculpt was good, and the rest was up to standard, I would have bought Sarah Jane. In fact any time Big Chief wants to do Sarah Jane, K-9, The Brig, and Jack Harkness, they pretty much have my money guaranteed, unless something goes seriously wrong. Others, including my favourite classic companion, Leela (who would need something like a Phicen body to look good in 1/6 scale), I'd have to take on a case by case basis. Mind you, probably still wisest to focus primarily on getting the remaining Doctors done at this point, then worry about expanding the line.

:exactly: Wouldn't even have to think about buying those!! More companions would be cool if they do decide to carry on down that route, but definitely more Doctors first please! I must have all the Doctors in 1/6 scale!!!

I want a Delgado Master and possibly Sarah Jane Smith (in her Planet of Evil outfit), K9 and possibly Jack from the companions. The Brig would be nice as well, but then you would need Benton and Yates and Jo to complete the set and that's a slippery and expensive slope.

Arrgh I chose the payment option to get "Handles" but it's not showing up as part of my order. Dealing with Big Chief reminds me of the aliens from an old episode of Farscape: WHY SO DIFFICULT????

Arrgh I chose the payment option to get "Handles" but it's not showing up as part of my order. Dealing with Big Chief reminds me of the aliens from an old episode of Farscape: WHY SO DIFFICULT????

When you ordered 11th Doctor?

Jiminydog, I paid in full and I had to wait 5-6 days before they added Handels to the order so I guess it does not happen automatically.

Also try to contact them on their facebook, or as another freak on here has done contact them through skype if you can afford it or have min. on it.

My payment plan was supposed to automatically charge today. It didn't. Worldpay really sucks.

I ordered Eleven on Oct 10 and it was at least a week before Handles was added so I would just keep checking the order because it is definitely not automatic. I haven't had any trouble contacting them through email (and I've had to for two different orderes), but it can sometimes be two or three days before I get a response.

Worldpay does totally suck though, that's for sure.

Ok, I'm confused right now. My order page says I have set up a payment plan yet Handles is not there. I email BC and they say that I don't have a plan set up. Now I get mail saying that I must put the monthly deposit in my card. What is going on?!?!?

Well four days and counting since I paid in full in advance, no "handles" on my order page.

Back