Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #11 Matt Smith in Series 7 costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys! So I got my BCS TARDIS recently (flipping amazing!!) and it's predictably got me wanting a Doctor to have standing in the doorway. I've been looking at all the pics of the 11th (both versions but mainly this series 7 version) and one thing I've noticed on the jacket is that the shoulders seem to be very slopey down and the collar is very far back, almost as if he's lifted it back deliberately. Has anyone tried to fix this? I don't know if it's a tailoring thing, or the body that's underneath... but it's just something I thought I'd ask before I jumped in feet first lol.

(also.. I know the second sculpt has more detail, but am I alone in thinking that perhaps the first one looks more 'Matt'?)

This is what I mean as to how I'd want him to look, tight around the collar & hanging straight down, and straight across the shoulders:

10r07yr.jpg

I'm having more fun with my min n match Matts.
Once the TARDIS appeared with the green coat, I had to complete the Wild West look.

I use the original sculpt on the space suit build.

And I just remembered ... 10th Doctor came with a water pistol. Added to the Wild West Hero Doctor.

Heads up any Americans who still want this. It's on sale on Big Chief's site. Just grabbed it for $175 USD. I know it's a terrible thing to say, but the hurting pound really helped me out with this.

1 day shipping from the UK to USA is amazing. Took a quick picture. Crummy quality. But it's the most fun way I could think to display him.
iypWj9J.jpg

I picked this figure up in Calgary on the weekend while on holidays. Had no idea any places in Alberta sold Big Chief 12 inch action figure collectibles. I got the 11th doctor at a place called the Discovery Hutt over at the Chinook Center Mall. They also have more of the 11th and 12th and 10th doctors in stock and also a display setup right at the entrance with hot toys and statues.

now only if they would put up for sale Capaldi's red coat... I really want that.

And where did those checkered pants come from? Did one of you make them yourself?

Lovely photos BTW.

This was my 'first' 1/6 figure (as in, I preordered it, purchased another figure while waiting for this guy to ship). It's still the best Doctor BCS has done, and I still love it. Glad to see others are jumping in.

Nice! He is a great figure. I actually think the 1st Doctor takes the prize as the best figure they've done, but this is a close second.

Nice! He is a great figure. I actually think the 1st Doctor takes the prize as the best figure they've done, but this is a close second.

That would be my assessment as well. If they could get every release up to the standards of those two I'd be very happy indeed.

Hello all! Seeking a little advice. Choosing between the two Eleven releases, and wondering if anyone had opinions about which was the better purchase? The Series 5 speaks to me because of the more iconic (to me) tweed jacket look, but it seems the Series 7B has better paint and sculpting, which is just as important to me. Barring buying both, which would you guys advise purchasing if you could only choose one?

Back