Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #1 William Hartnell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say.. the coloured picture isn't grabbing my attention as much as the black and white one is. I'm sure this is because I'm used to seeing him in black and white but in colour it just feels off. Not saying the sculpt feels off at all, it's perfect, along with amazing paint, it just doesn't feel right. I might have this repainted in the end.

I would imagine a b&w variant is definitely possible. Also, it seems the 1st Doctor will be on the "short" body like Watson.

I have to say.. the coloured picture isn't grabbing my attention as much as the black and white one is. I'm sure this is because I'm used to seeing him in black and white but in colour it just feels off. Not saying the sculpt feels off at all, it's perfect, along with amazing paint, it just doesn't feel right. I might have this repainted in the end.

I think the fact the original series was in B&W does have an effect on how you view the sculpt pics.. also for some reason the color pic makes the sculpt look slightly 'googly eyed' whereas the B&W pic does not appear to do so.

I have zero interest in a B&W version. Did the 5 inch B&W Hartnell/Troughton sell very well?

I have zero interest in a B&W version. Did the 5 inch B&W Hartnell/Troughton sell very well?

I think it's down to personal taste.. I would be very interested to see a Patrick Troughton in B&W.. and I would have to buy it, if there was a 'Web of Fear' Yeti variant to go with it!
:panic:

It's indeed personal taste, mostly. I bought the B/W 5" figures to replace the ones from the Eleven Doctors set because the coloured ones bothered me so much. :lol

Painted head sculpt looks great!

I can't wait to see what the entire figure looks like. In my perfect world one day there will be an Ian, Susan and Barbara to go with him...oh to dream. :pray:

I've been away, so I'm late to the party, but I think this looks incredible. Looking forward to seeing more pictures from different angles.

Apparently there's a photo of this floating around showing the whole figure, taken at today's show. Would be nice to see it!

I can see it causing a bit of chicken little because there is obvious lens distortion. Wait for BC to post an official pic if the guy doesn't want to share it publicly. I only saw it because he tagged a mutual friend.

I can see it causing a bit of chicken little because there is obvious lens distortion. Wait for BC to post an official pic if the guy doesn't want to share it publicly. I only saw it because he tagged a mutual friend.

If it's not a good pic then I can wait. But it would be nice to see good pictures of this and Sherlock.

1909204_10153046193191002_3269427600666366521_o.jpg
From the Big Chief Facebook page

Wow, I was expecting this too look good but not this good. Each one of these gets better and better.

Back