Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #1 William Hartnell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie daleks would sell well, they're wonderfully colourful and retro. You could possibly make a Cushing figure off the back of those, which would be bought by Hammer fans too. But yes, it's a completely separate licence, although Product Enterprise managed to hold both at the same time. On the other hand, BC probably wouldn't want anyone else to hold it if they're ever planning on making daleks.

The movie daleks would sell well, they're wonderfully colourful and retro. You could possibly make a Cushing figure off the back of those, which would be bought by Hammer fans too. But yes, it's a completely separate licence, although Product Enterprise managed to hold both at the same time. On the other hand, BC probably wouldn't want anyone else to hold it if they're ever planning on making daleks.

Interesting how Underground Toys produced the 5" movie Daleks. Guess they shoehorned them into the license under the licensing rights from the Terry Nation estate.

Interesting how Underground Toys produced the 5" movie Daleks. Guess they shoehorned them into the license under the licensing rights from the Terry Nation estate.

Underground have never produced a movie Dalek.
The Dalek from "The Chase" looks kind o like it, but it appeared in an episode so it's fair game. It has a sucker in stead of a claw, though.

Ah I saw Supreme Dalek and Saucer Pilot from Dalek Invasion of Earth and thought it looked like the ones from the Cushing film.

Quick reply to the post above.

The Dalek Supreme was a repainted movie Dalek, with added jam jars. As it appeared only on tv in that guise it could be released under that contract.

The Dalek Invasion Of Earth Daleks has large bumpers but pre-date the movie ones, I think.

I'm up for a 1:6 Doctor #1 as portrayed by William Hartnell
figure - as long as Big Chief doesn't give him a 5 O'clock
shadow! :D

Indeed. No more unshaven Doctors please!

Personally I think the limited edition of Hartnell should include a second copy of the head sculpt and the hands, only painted in a monochrome paint scheme. And given that they wouldn't be different at all in terms of sculpt, just paint application, and that his outfit doesn't have any colour to it anyway, it shouldn't be too costly, and would make a great limited edition exclusive, allowing fans to display either the black and white or colour Hartnell on their shelves. The regular version could just contain the colour head and hands.

Probably won't happen, but it'd be a nice LE option all the same.

A monochrome option would be interesting, although there would be some issues with color on his actual costume. I don't know if I'd go for it myself, but it could be a fun option.

I don't recall much colour in Hartnell's outfit at all, other than the ring on his hand, and I think his tie (or one of them at least) may have been a very deep, dark blue. But everything else was pretty much in monochrome shades if I recall correctly.

Troughton on the other hand would prove more problematic, with his blue shirt and tie, his (red?) kerchief, red suspenders, and checkered pants, not to mention the brown fur coat if they included it. Just off the top of my head.

And therein lies the rub. If you can't easily do both in monochrome just with switch out alternate parts, then there's not much point in just doing one that way really, as it defeats the purpose a bit. So if they want to go down that path then I think they'd have to make the colour and monochrome versions separate variants.

And if they did do that, I have no idea which I'd buy. Part of me would want to honor how I saw them during their era, in black and white, but Pat also appeared in colour in the three multi-Doctor specials as well, while even old Bill did in the first, albeit briefly. Plus which, as a display, everything else would be in colour, so going with black and white versions would limit display options a bit.

Hopefully they'll just offer a colour version of Hartnell and I won't have to choose... :lol

With the Hartnell Doctor, it'd really depend on what outfit you put him in. You could choose one that's fairly monochrome, though his neckerchief (or whatever you call it) is usually a dark blue. But some outfits have beiges and yellows in his pants and vest.

I'm kind of hoping for his Unearthly Child outfit.

I'm sure it'll be a color release. Although I love my CO BW 1st Doctor set, I think I'd prefer a 1:6 to be in color.

I have a feeling we won't see a PO for this until they get their new website up and running. So fingers crossed that they get that sorted out soon. :pray:

I don't get the delays on a web site.
I think there will be a pre order in soon, as they have nothing to sell after this 4th sells out.

I'm sure it'll be a color release. Although I love my CO BW 1st Doctor set, I think I'd prefer a 1:6 to be in color.

A B&W version screams Convention Exclusive of some sort. I'm sure it'll come too eventually. I wonder if they'll skip the signature or do one of those replicated signature plaques to keep uniformity.

I have a feeling we won't see a PO for this until they get their new website up and running. So fingers crossed that they get that sorted out soon. :pray:

There is a lot in the pipeline that has been teased and talked about for a while, I wonder just how much will go up at the same time? Weeping Angels, accessory packs...there is quite a bit...

I hope they do include a replica plaque in the limited edition Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee releases, just for consistency and display reasons, even if it doesn't have a replica signature on it. But that can't actually be the exclusive, for obvious reasons.

They will need to have something extra up their sleeves to make those editions worthwhile, though I'm not sure what that would be. I suppose they could do monochrome versions as the LE for the first two Doctors, but no idea what they could do with the Third Doctor. Different outfit maybe? Assuming that they even do LE versions of the first three Doctors, that is.

Personally, I would vastly prefer a B&W Hartnell. That's how I remember him.

Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - The First Doctor Figure

1973401_10152990698316002_432479147_o.jpg

Big Chief Studios said:
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back.

Big Chief Studios said:
This will also be limited edition also and exclusive to Big Chief Studios Limited.

Back