Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #1 William Hartnell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. It turned out pretty well, but I don't want to ever disrobe that guy again lol. replaDid you darken your 4th doc coat or get it ced? I remember someone on here dyed theirs and forgot the details of how it was done. BCS needs to do those davros and classic cyberman...and a K9

Yes i dyed the 4th Drs coat a darker color of burgundy brown. And i'm really looking forward to seeing the proto for the season 18 version:)

Yes i dyed the 4th Drs coat a darker color of burgundy brown. And i'm really looking forward to seeing the proto for the season 18 version:)

Was the dye job easy? If so, maybe an explanation of how to do it(steps/products)? I could never figure out the correct color. It looks sort of dark purple sometimes and sort of dark brown at other times

Was the dye job easy? If so, maybe an explanation of how to do it(steps/products)? I could never figure out the correct color. It looks sort of dark purple sometimes and sort of dark brown at other times

The screen worn coat was a Burgundy velvet which is hard to replicate in 1/6.

In different scenes the coat does appear to be more of a purply/dark brown but i'm guessing it's probably just the velvet reacting under different lighting.

Anyways to try and achieve something close to a burgundy color i mixed one sachet of dark brown Dylon hand-dye with half a sachet of Tulip red. Stir for about half an hour to 45 minutes...rinse under warm water and then leave to dry.

Not perfect but it's something closer to the burgundy color of the original. I do wish BC would have just gone with a darker brown or better still the lovely tweed version:)

The screen worn coat was a Burgundy velvet which is hard to replicate in 1/6.

In different scenes the coat does appear to be more of a purply/dark brown but i'm guessing it's probably just the velvet reacting under different lighting.

Anyways to try and achieve something close to a burgundy color i mixed one sachet of dark brown Dylon hand-dye with half a sachet of Tulip red. Stir for about half an hour to 45 minutes...rinse under warm water and then leave to dry.

Not perfect but it's something closer to the burgundy color of the original. I do wish BC would have just gone with a darker brown or better still the lovely tweed version:)

I might have to try. Was it worth doing? And if so, anything to watch out for? I only have one and would suck to ruin it

I kinda hope one day we'll get a David Bradley 1st Doctor figure too. Not sure if that will ever happen though. I would buy one.

If they manage to burn through the remaining unmade Doctors in the next couple of years, as per their plans, Who knows...

I'd do a Bradley with a second, pack-in Richard Hurndall/Five Doctors head sculpt (and maybe vest, as the two are quite different). Hit both classic and NuWho fans simultaneously. And you know some sad sacks would buy two just to display both sculpts (that's me, guilty as charged)... :lol

Birthday greetings Timelord....

:fireworks

DSC_0021.JPG

?One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.?

DSC_0025.JPG

Back