Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #1 William Hartnell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The actual pilot is the untransmitted episode where he wore a suit... but yeah, for me it's all about the first episode too.

No skull - who needs it? But a hat and scarf are a must. How would they do the hat though - would a cloth astrakhan look effective or does it need to be a separate head?

OneGlassesTWM.jpg

Glasses...but please allow them to slot into the hair instead?

Thing is, I haven't put the glasses on Ten because I don't trust the paint not to come off. It would kill me for anything to spoil this figure.

I wonder if they could make the hair/hat swap work for this figure? Hmm?

I don't know if I NEED the skull, but I'd take it if they threw it in. He can always borrow Sherlock's.

I think they could do the hat in the same way Sideshow did the Santa hat for Yoda or the hat on the Nosferatu figure.

No new info or pics. This thread ejaculated prematurely.

I just want this additional head:

whobradley_c1770344_13712_185.jpg

I want to be able to swap back and forth. The Hartnell stuff is fantastic don't get me wrong but I really, really loved that movie.

Think that would be better for an exclusive and personally I'd rather have that marketed as a figure of David Bradley as William Hartnell instead of The Doctor. Adventure in Space and Time was about the actor rather than the character of The Doctor.

A classic BBC camera, Radio Times, script notebook and maybe a bit obscure, but the little notebook with William Hartnell autograph from that one boy.

I loved An Adventure in Time and Space, but can't see myself clamoring for a David Bradley head, as wonderful as he was. :)

I'd rather see Richard Hurndall, but even that is pushing it too far into the bounds of a niche within a niche, I suspect.

Another niche within a niche. And probably a separate license as well. But I agree, Peter Cushing as Doctor Who would be nice to have on the shelf one day after all the others were done. Some of the movie Daleks would be cool as well.

Had suggested a Cushing figure in the other threads, seemed to be too small a market that would want it and indeed a seperate license.

The TV series and McGann movie are owned by the BBC whereas the Cushing movies belong to Amicus Productions who have Anchor Bay Entertainment as publisher if memory serves me correctly.

Though, due to their age, I wouldn't be surprised if soon (say, 5 to 10 years) these become public domain.

Back