Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine. I was worried by some initial pics but he's quite nice in hand. The likeness isn't 100 percent for me but the paint is among the best BCS has released. Even the Pervy Tennant head looks good. Still the same wibbly wobbly body BC uses and a paper clip is necessary to hold down the jacket collar but its nice to finally have him in hand.
FullSizeRender 73.jpgFullSizeRender 74.jpgFullSizeRender 75.jpg

Last edited:
Just got home to mine, really happy to have him but annoyed at the QC or lack of.

Jacket is marked -

I've two right feet ! So won't stand properly.

And why do they package the Base plastic under the peices so you end up with buts stuck

As long as bcs sort out the jacket and foot then I'm happy with this purchase as he looks great and definitely a step in the right direction in this line.

Just got home to mine, really happy to have him but annoyed at the QC or lack of.

Jacket is marked -

I've two right feet ! So won't stand properly.

And why do they package the Base plastic under the peices so you end up with buts stuck

As long as bcs sort out the jacket and foot then I'm happy with this purchase as he looks great and definitely a step in the right direction in this line.

My 11th Doctor came with two of the same boots, it's a mistake that really shouldn't happen.

Looks good, disappointed to hear the same wobbly body crap is going on. I'll get him, but I'll wait for the massive discounts that seem to culminate across the recent releases.

A couple quick pics of mine. Overall I'm pretty happy with him, even if the likeness doesn't seem nearly as strong as on the prototype (or as good as previous Doctors). But in hand it's clear the paintjob is MUCH improved over the previous figures.

Have to agree about the floppy body though. And the different coloration on the neck and hands is something I'll definitely need to correct at some point.

nine.jpg

nine2.jpg

im finding it hard to believe the bods are still floppy, thats... yeah wow.:slap thought for sure they would address that issue by now.

They don't care, they just want to move on to Bond.

would bet those bods be floppy as well. "they dont care" is def in play it seems no doubt. why else would they not address and fix the issue. its hard to describe how the floppy bod kills enthusiasm for a figure when inhand, spend that high price and the quality feels worse than sumthin you could get at toysRrus. i think cuz many are die-hard whovians they over look it and are happy to get figure, i was doin same for awhile but now this far along i find it inexcusable and insulting to the customers to be honest, now i just dont want to give them hard earned money cuz i feel they dont deserve it.

im sure some will defend and claim their BCS figures are not floppy. to that i echo my experiences in that out of all the figures i have got via them, only one upper thigh joint is not floppy. one out of 5 diff BCS figs brand new from box. so either i have the worst luck ever or.... yeah im done just frustrated to hear its not been addressed and fixed.

btw BCS staff pls dont come at me now as you do those who are critical of your products, i saw one of your own staff say harsh and rude comments about anther companies sculpt so you are not above giving criticisms either.

would bet those bods be floppy as well. "they dont care" is def in play it seems no doubt. why else would they not address and fix the issue. its hard to describe how the floppy bod kills enthusiasm for a figure when inhand, spend that high price and the quality feels worse than sumthin you could get at toysRrus. i think cuz many are die-hard whovians they over look it and are happy to get figure, i was doin same for awhile but now this far along i find it inexcusable and insulting to the customers to be honest, now i just dont want to give them hard earned money cuz i feel they dont deserve it.

im sure some will defend and claim their BCS figures are not floppy. to that i echo my experiences in that out of all the figures i have got via them, only one upper thigh joint is not floppy. one out of 5 diff BCS figs brand new from box. so either i have the worst luck ever or.... yeah im done just frustrated to hear its not been addressed and fixed.

Just look at the neck they used, they didn't bother to match the color to the head sculpt...they don't care.

The floppy body is more of a small annoyance than a major issue for me. The inconsistent coloration and smooth, featureless hands are things that sticks out to me a lot more right now.

Still though, it is nice to finally have the figure in hand after such a long wait.

The legs on mine appear to be different lengths. I think they have different thigh pieces on the legs. It isn't a huge difference, but enough that it is noticeable. Overall I'm really happy how he turned out though. Hopefully getting a replacement body won't be too much of a hassle.

The paperclip trick does wonders for the jacket. I am happy to see the neck is at least painted more than it seemed like in the first review, but yeah matching up more would be nice, especially when you have such an exposed neck. For the Doctors with suits it didn't bother me.

Back