Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks great! I think the newest version looks the best. Comparing this head sculpt to the previous version, the tweaking that was applied are definite improvements. :clap

Hopefully we will see updated pre-order photos soon including the 10th Doctor smiling head sculpt.

Yeah that turned out really good!! Head looks much more like him, and I really like the expression as well (which is something I really wish they had given their other figures more of).

Jacket could use a bit more weathering, but otherwise the costume looks great.

Here is a side by side of the new head (left) and the prototype.

image.jpeg

^^smiling 10th yes.

annoying how rough and overly pore-ish it is. trying hard to ignore that :rotfl

The likeness is better but I don't like the expression as much as the prototype. He's smiling and that's not the 9th Doctor to me. A more grim or determined look would be more appropriate. The clothing does look a bit baggy but the poses aren't very good so that may be a factor. I 'm still getting it though and on the whole think it looks great I just wish he didn't look so happy.

The likeness is better but I don't like the expression as much as the prototype. He's smiling and that's not the 9th Doctor to me. A more grim or determined look would be more appropriate. The clothing does look a bit baggy but the poses aren't very good so that may be a factor. I 'm still getting it though and on the whole think it looks great I just wish he didn't look so happy.

Actually rewatching the first Series recently, Eccleston was a lot goofier than I remembered and was always breaking into a huge grin, so I'm glad to see BCS capturing at least a bit of that here.

Actually rewatching the first Series recently, Eccleston was a lot goofier than I remembered and was always breaking into a huge grin, so I'm glad to see BCS capturing at least a bit of that here.

He does but I always took that as him putting on a brave face to hide the pain he's feeling, that he really only smiles for real a few times, "Just this once everybody lives!" "I can dance!" And his final line. Could be my interpretation, I admit.

He does but I always took that as him putting on a brave face to hide the pain he's feeling, that he really only smiles for real a few times, "Just this once everybody lives!" "I can dance!" And his final line. Could be my interpretation, I admit.

There was definitely some underlying pain there at times, but I've still never found him to be nearly as dark and serious as others seem to. And the ratio of goofy and upbeat moments to ultra-serious moments really wasn't much different than what we saw with Tennant's Doctor (as they generally tend to goof around a lot in the first half and get super serious in the second).

Wow, that side by side really drives home how much it's improved.

Back