Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an e-mail for my waitlist for Matt Smith Signature edition. :)

I'm interested to see if those of us who ordered her from anyone other than BCS will be able to get the corrected head as well? I don't see why we wouldn't.

Just for those still in doubt...this is also from their FB page,

Big Chief Studios Limited
The alternate head will be available to everyone who has purchased an Amy Pond figure. If you purchased from a retailer you will need to email us proof of purchase before we can ship you the head.

So to those still undecided or on the fence and not on Facebook...there it is in their own words.

I feel like the less comment the better until people have the figure and both heads in hand. But it certainly seems like a very honourable way for BC to behave, and I hope this figure turns out well for them.

And this is why Cap:B and I (only a part of a very small group of Freaks) have been banging on and singing the praises of BCS. To the poster that said that any other company would have just made a new figure and just charged a lot more for the privilege...they were bang-on-dead-right about that, we all know that that is exactly how it would have been (and yes, the generalisation was deliberate).

If it was not already before, then the AMY figure must, by now, be a real loss maker and more-or-less a good will exercise to the fans. Whilst it's a shame that it's caused them so many problems (mostly not their fault) perhaps this will help to fix a 'Doctors first to get established' approach and may actually help them in the long run.

All by boat I'm afraid, I think they felt they incurred enough costs on this piece.

Yeah, I can't blame them. Retooling the whole body. Now tooling an alternate head. Not to say it's not all good things that they did that, but I think not air shipping some Amys is understandable.

I didn't think they would. The option on the extra sculpted hair head is cool. I'm definitely getting one. I am convinced that with the new head, it'll be excellent.

I'd still like to see some pics of the sculpt before I send my final payment, and considering the fiasco with the origional pics, i think it's nesseccary. I hope there's an option to just say add the extra head right away so they can ship them together. Unfortunately, I think the shipping is separate cause they will ship them much later as they get them made. I really don't look forward to waiting ages to finally have a figure I like.

I don't think they will be able to ship right away.
If the head went to tooling stage a couple f weeks ago, it won't even be manufactured,mpainted and ready to go, for a couple of months yet.

Off-topic, but has anyone got any suggestions for good Who forums other than Gallifrey Base? I've had it up to here with that place and its insane modding.

I really wish they'd release some new pictures of this. I'm starting to become quite interested in it, but for €225, it had better look like Amy Pond.

I read the worst into the delay of even releasing simple pictures....

Yes, set your standards extremely low, that way they'll always be met.

It's how I live my life. I'm never disappointed.

:D

I really wish they'd release some new pictures of this. I'm starting to become quite interested in it, but for €225, it had better look like Amy Pond.

Hi. I think it's going to look like the pics already released but they just don't have a pic out for the second head. I guarantee they're busting their tails on it though. I can't wait to get mine in. For the newer posters on here, and nor trying to cut any retailer so please don't take it as such,go to the Big Chief website and you can get the signature series Amy for only £20(about $30) more. I would say they haven't posted pics because the last post on Facebook said that the figures were on the way to them from China. Therefore I'd say they're checking over quality and getting shipments ready. I know that BCS is a small but growing company so it may take a little bit. I have full confidence that it will look good on the heads though.

Back