Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... I wonder if I can just place an order directly with bcs, and tell them I hate rooted hair up front, and then get it with the figure all at once. Can't stand rooted hair. It never looks good on any figure IMO. It might look good for a few days, but in the end, it always becomes a hot mess of ick.

Honestly, I'm really impressed by Big Chief and their willingness to listen to the customers. How many other companies would offer this to us? I haven't seen Hot Toys, Sideshow, Enterbay or Medicom say their is an alternate head, in case you aren't please with the original.

:goodpost::exactly:
I'm not interested in this figure but I am seriously impressed that they are doing this. :clap :clap It's cutting into their profits but they are doing it anyway.

Hot Toys would just make a second version of the complete figure and charge you more for it.

Given that sculpted hair is what I personally always wanted and highly prefer (I seriously can't stand the look of rooted hair), and that I like to try and support companies that go out of their way to do the right thing by their customer base, I just took a leap of faith and ordered this piece, even though Amy is a character that I could probably live without.

Hopefully it's not a choice I end up regretting. :lol

I am excited by the prospect of a sculpted hair version being offered. BCS has time and time again proved that they are a CS oriented business. I hope everyone remembers this the next time they hit a snag on the road from prototype to production.

I am excited by the prospect of a sculpted hair version being offered. BCS has time and time again proved that they are a CS oriented business. I hope everyone remembers this the next time they hit a snag on the road from prototype to production.

Thing is, if there wasn't that amount of (largely justified) uproar and disappointment expressed, do you still think this would have happened? I'm thinking that it's very unlikely. They did this because they felt like they needed to do something. As a result they have been very wise in the path they have chosen to take, and we end up on a win/win situation. A victory for their customers, with the second head for those that want it (or who don't like rooted hair), and a victory for improving their own image in their customers eyes as a company that does go that extra mile to keep their customers happy.

That's why constructive and non biased criticism is important. Because if we just sucked it up, accepted anything that came down the pipe, and stayed quiet, nothing would ever change. As long as people don't get rude and insulting and launch into personal attacks, I think honest criticism is always a good thing, whether it be good, bad, or somewhere in between. That's just me though.

Well PT, they likely did it for themselves also after getting all the threats of cancellations. They probably figured it would cost less to do a new head than it would to handle the loss of funds from cancellations. I think it's a win-win for both sides. Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased beyond belief and I e-mailed them telling them so but this doesn't make them impervious to future critisizm.

Well PT, they likely did it for themselves also after getting all the threats of cancellations. They probably figured it would cost less to do a new head than it would to handle the loss of funds from cancellations. I think it's a win-win for both sides. Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased beyond belief and I e-mailed them telling them so but this doesn't make them impervious to future critisizm.

No no. I agree 100%. Absolutely.

That's not what I was talking about. We all know the difference.

Then why are you addressing your comments to everyone, then? Doing so certainly tainted my perception of your last comment, making it come across in a manner that apparently was not intended. That wasn't meant as an attack, an insult, or an accusation, by the way, just trying to make a point. My perception of what you wrote is apparently a bit different than your intended message. Such is the dangers of text based communications, I suppose. And the danger of assigning assumptions of attitude onto other people's posts that may never have been intended in the first place. Something we are all guilty of from time to time.

And if the amount of times that certain threads have been locked is any indication, then unfortunately I don't think we all do know the difference, on either the pro or the con side of the equation, as all too often there seems to be extremes on both sides, which inevitably leads to...trouble.

May mutual respect of differing opinions, and even heads during such conversations, always ultimately prevail. :)

Last edited:
... I wonder if I can just place an order directly with bcs, and tell them I hate rooted hair up front, and then get it with the figure all at once. Can't stand rooted hair. It never looks good on any figure IMO. It might look good for a few days, but in the end, it always becomes a hot mess of ick.

It would be nice to just be able to order it from them and get both at once. The problem will be in the US that the head will probably cost a decent amount to ship here. Still, probably shouldn't be too bad. I guess I'd rather get a good deal on the figure in the US and just pay the $5 or whatever for shipping of just the head.

Since Amy has been addressed and they posted new production pics it's time to re-open the Big Chief Doctor Who thread.

I wonder what constitutes a "proof of purchase" for those who ordered from an American company.

I wonder what constitutes a "proof of purchase" for those who ordered from an American company.
I would think they would accept either a scanned copy of your packing slip or a forward of your order confirmation e-mail from TFAW. I think you ordered through them just like I did.

I feel like the less comment the better until people have the figure and both heads in hand. But it certainly seems like a very honourable way for BC to behave, and I hope this figure turns out well for them.

I am pleased to hear about the sculpted hair. I mentioned earlier (much earlier) that I figured the rooted hair would never sit well. Anyway, that said, the opening lines mention an update in shipping!! Does anyone have details of the expected shipping date of this figure?

I am pleased to hear about the sculpted hair. I mentioned earlier (much earlier) that I figured the rooted hair would never sit well. Anyway, that said, the opening lines mention an update in shipping!! Does anyone have details of the expected shipping date of this figure?
No sir, I don't think they have mentioned any details about a shipping date.

Back