Big Chief- Doctor Who, The 11th Doctor (Matt Smith)1/6th scale review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am glad to hear his price is still going down. My Matt Smith just took a nose dive and his leg peg snapped in half right at the upper leg! I have heard complaints these were fragile (the arm pegs slip out of the joints all the time) but how disappointing. This is the only 1:6 figure I have been able to buy in the last few years and he didn't even survive 7 months (and he didn't regenerate!). :monkey2

I don't think his price is going down at all. He's no longer available from BBTS or Entertainment Earth and the figure is going above retail on both ebay and in the Amazon marketplace. I've got an extra one in it's sealed BCS shipping case that I never returned, maybe in a year or so I can make a little profit on him.

Last edited:
I finally got to see one in hand at a store in Burbank, and was wondering if everyone's figure has a really brown face. This one looked more hispanic than british. Is this just a one off variance or do they all look that way?

My Matt Smith just took a nose dive and his leg peg snapped in half right at the upper leg! I have heard complaints these were fragile (the arm pegs slip out of the joints all the time) but how disappointing. This is the only 1:6 figure I have been able to buy in the last few years and he didn't even survive 7 months (and he didn't regenerate!). :monkey2

This is why I swapped mine with a Hot Toys Slim.

I finally got to see one in hand at a store in Burbank, and was wondering if everyone's figure has a really brown face. This one looked more hispanic than british. Is this just a one off variance or do they all look that way?

No, not all of them - some had brilliant paint jobs, but some came out with either the skin tone too dark or the grey wash used for the stubble applied very unevenly, or both.

Hopefully Ten's paint job will be consistently brilliant.

Does anyone have any updates in regards to Big Chief's plans to produce a second 11th Doctor? I heard a rumor they were working on a second edition for the 50th Anniversary, along with a 1st Doctor.

I'm new to this game... just pre-ordered a 4th Doctor. I'm debating whether or not I should purchase the 11th Doctor that's currently available, or hold out for the second release, hoping he comes dressed in his purple outfit that he sported in the second half of series 7 (my favorite look.)

Though, knowing my luck, one of these two options will occur: 1.) I buy the currently available 11th Doc, only for Big Chief to release the purple coat not as an add on accessory, but as a whole new figure set, meaning I'll have to drop a lot more $$$ to get the one I want. 2.) I hold out, Big Chief never releases a purple 11th Doctor, meanwhile the current edition sells out and skyrockets in price on ebay.

I somehow can't picture the 11th Doc's prices "skyrocketing"... I think they will continue to be offered either at or below MSRP for a while yet.

Does anyone have any updates in regards to Big Chief's plans to produce a second 11th Doctor? I heard a rumor they were working on a second edition for the 50th Anniversary, along with a 1st Doctor.

I'm new to this game... just pre-ordered a 4th Doctor. I'm debating whether or not I should purchase the 11th Doctor that's currently available, or hold out for the second release, hoping he comes dressed in his purple outfit that he sported in the second half of series 7 (my favorite look.)

Though, knowing my luck, one of these two options will occur: 1.) I buy the currently available 11th Doc, only for Big Chief to release the purple coat not as an add on accessory, but as a whole new figure set, meaning I'll have to drop a lot more $$$ to get the one I want. 2.) I hold out, Big Chief never releases a purple 11th Doctor, meanwhile the current edition sells out and skyrockets in price on ebay.

I'm not really sure what they are going to do about the second Matt Smith figure. The plan was for a second and I believe he was going to wear a fez? But that was before Matt Smith decided to leave. So who knows what is going to happen. If another 11 and 1st Doctor figure get's produced, I highly doubt it will happen anytime soon. I'm not sure if BCS can get 10 and 4 done and in the hands or the fans by years end. Hope I'm wrong.

They said something about offering "Accessory Packs" and I believe the Fez and Mop were part of that plan. They still haven't updated their website yet so who knows when we will see these. At the rate they are moving it will be another 50 years before we have the first 12 Doctors.

Does anyone have the bonus damaged 10th sonic screw driver for sale? It only came with the figure purchase directly from Big Chief Studios

I ordered the figure from BC, so I assume I have it. All my stuff is still in the box. I don't think I want it much.

I'm not really sure what they are going to do about the second Matt Smith figure. The plan was for a second and I believe he was going to wear a fez? But that was before Matt Smith decided to leave. So who knows what is going to happen. If another 11 and 1st Doctor figure get's produced, I highly doubt it will happen anytime soon. I'm not sure if BCS can get 10 and 4 done and in the hands or the fans by years end. Hope I'm wrong.

I thought the 2nd Matt was going to be with his new, better costume? I totally support that.

reading about the overly done grey washes on some of headsculpts has me abit worried to pull the trigger considering the price. have wanted this forever now tho.

is there a fix sans a complete repaint if i get one with grey face? is it a wash i can carefully wash of? if you got one sans grey face where did you get it?

am i being abit overly worried and its really not that widespread a prob?

thks freaks! :) sorry for all the q's, 2 hundy is alot of money for me.

I don't think a second 11 will ever happen.
I'm getting impatient for the sculpted Amy head to replace the thing atop my Amy figure.
Anyway, I'm still happy with my 11. Although he did try a grand theft auto the other day, but I think he picked the wrong to steal from.

I don't think a second 11 will ever happen.
I'm getting impatient for the sculpted Amy head to replace the thing atop my Amy figure.
Anyway, I'm still happy with my 11. Although he did try a grand theft auto the other day, but I think he picked the wrong to steal from.

I also don't think a second 11th Doctor will happen. At the time of them planning for one they probably thought he'd still be around for Series 8. Plus they haven't teased any images which means if one comes it will be late 2014 to early 2015 before it happens. BCS has to realize that they have a certain window to capitalize on sales. Wasn't there talk of a 1st Doctor in time for the 50th anniversary? That would have been a perfect time, but obviously that isn't happening.

Now on to Amy...aren't we due the replacement head like any day now? I realize delays are part of the game but it seems like everything they do is delayed. Getting one thing out on time shouldn't be an issue.

Here's how I see the releases going down:

Amy replacement head will arrive in December

10th Doctor will be in the hand of the fans in February 2014

4th Doctor will be in the hands of the fans in May 2014

Sherlock figures will arrive late 2014

I also don't think a second 11th Doctor will happen. At the time of them planning for one they probably thought he'd still be around for Series 8. Plus they haven't teased any images which means if one comes it will be late 2014 to early 2015 before it happens. BCS has to realize that they have a certain window to capitalize on sales. Wasn't there talk of a 1st Doctor in time for the 50th anniversary? That would have been a perfect time, but obviously that isn't happening.

Now on to Amy...aren't we due the replacement head like any day now? I realize delays are part of the game but it seems like everything they do is delayed. Getting one thing out on time shouldn't be an issue.

Here's how I see the releases going down:

Amy replacement head will arrive in December

10th Doctor will be in the hand of the fans in February 2014

4th Doctor will be in the hands of the fans in May 2014

Sherlock figures will arrive late 2014

I think that schedule is about right.

I agree with your schedule, but I would not be surprised if Sherlock never sees the light of day.

I agree with your schedule, but I would not be surprised if Sherlock never sees the light of day.

Ouch. That would be a shame after they had the actors sign them and all. What do you base that on?

Back