Big Chief- Doctor Who, The 11th Doctor (Matt Smith)1/6th scale review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still not a big fan of the Amy head sculpt, even with the sculpted hair, but you did a fantastic job at kitbashing that outfit. Really impressive stuff. Kudos.

I'm still not a big fan of the Amy head sculpt, even with the sculpted hair, but you did a fantastic job at kitbashing that outfit. Really impressive stuff. Kudos.

I'm pretty sure that's either a custom head sculpt or a major repaint on the policewoman Amy. I think the BC head as-is looks better, personally.
That being said, the outfit is truly sensational!

Thanks ryanhalo798, Ex-Parrot and JonWes!
Yes, it is a custom sculpt specifically for this 11th hour police version. I'm still new to sculpting, painting and customizing at this scale, but I'm learning along the way. Here's the sculpt before paint:
AMY7.jpg

And here it is next to my personal BC version:
Amy-comp5.jpg

I'm still tweaking the paintjob, so hopefully I can liven up the eyes a bit more and get a bit more shading done.
Here's the latest pic with new details and less harsh lighting:
amy-close.jpg

Last edited:
Well, there you go. Not having purchased the Amy piece myself you fooled me, right enough. Thought it was just a repaint, sorry.

I'll say this much, though. I think you did a better job than they did. At least yours doesn't look utterly lifeless and wall-eyed... :)

Absolutely fantastic Amy sculpt there! But to be honest I think the painted eyes might be a bit oversized. Something in between the size of the eyes on the original head and your custom head would probably be better. :)

Absolutely fantastic Amy sculpt there! But to be honest I think the painted eyes might be a bit oversized. Something in between the size of the eyes on the original head and your custom head would probably be better. :)
Thanks davejames! I was going for a more wide-eyed look for Amy, so I'll see what smaller eyes would look like when I try painting another.
Here's what I was basing the proportions of my sculpt on except not the same facial expression:
Amy-comp6.jpg

Shot from Spring Fair of the 11th figure with hatted head and green coat. Courtesy of Greggo on the BCS Fan page on Facebook. :)

10959404_10205769871146532_4928843579318440985_n.jpg

I wasn't planning on putting the Stetson on my Eleven but looking at the First Doctor he just doesn't hold weight with him anymore. So this head will be replaced and the jacket thrown on too.

Good work on fixing the neck. That was always my biggest fault with this figure. He had that weird stumpy neck. How did you fix it?

Cool. Thanks for that. I might have to try that sometime. I also need mine repainted because he looks like a zombie =/

Back