Bib Fortuna image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this figure is amazing looking... Great shots WG, and for my money I liked pose B.

Just got my shipping notification, my Bib should be here on Jan 3rd!

Very pleased to see how well Sideshow did Bib....Great pics!!

Great photos but please.... no more close-ups of his chin! I think I'm going to throw up!

Anyone wonder how the Kenner 12" Bib stacks up against the new SS Bib?

Well, since I did this with Maul, and I have both Bibs handy, I figured why not keep it going. Here's what happens when Bib meets Bib...

SSBibvsKennerBibpost1.jpg

SSBibvsKennerBibpost2.jpg

9 years has done wonders.

Believe it or not, the Kenner Bib does have one thing over the SS Bib -- the old Bib has "bendy" headtails (lekhu?) which actually work quite well to help curve them over his shoulders. Other than that though...:D

I have to say, that even though SS is clearly superior (and more expensive :monkey3 ) The Hasbro Bib still looks fairly decent, especially the headsculpt... I'm sure with a repaint he could be quite nice.

galactiboy said:
I have to say, that even though SS is clearly superior (and more expensive :monkey3 ) The Hasbro Bib still looks fairly decent, especially the headsculpt... I'm sure with a repaint he could be quite nice.

I was thinking that too... he doesn't look too bad.

The Kenner/Hasbro Bib Fortuna is one of their better head sculpts, I feel. The hands were too immobil but so were many other Hasbro 12" figures. Where I think the SSC sculpt takes Bib in a superior direction is the tentacales, I like the triangular, irregular shape the front one takes near his head, it seems more realistic that way, that and the overall paint of the head, he was more of a yellowish, flesh tone shade than the pale tone Hasbro used for all of their Bib merchandise, though the last 3 3/4" figure had some color to his face.

Interesting spot, but Wor-Gar, I noticed your Hasbro bib doesn't have any blue on his hands, but mine does, where did you get yours? The one I own is from the FAO Schwartz 2-pack with Jedi Luke.

Another thing I'm noticing is that little wound both have on the bottom, middle of the front tentacle, and then there's the scar on Jabba's tail, I wonder why efforts were made to give these characters subtle wounds in ROTJ.

MaulFan said:
Interesting spot, but Wor-Gar, I noticed your Hasbro bib doesn't have any blue on his hands, but mine does, where did you get yours? The one I own is from the FAO Schwartz 2-pack with Jedi Luke.

You noticed. Yeah, apparently, there are two versions -- one with gloved hands and one without. Mine came in the same package as yours -- all of them did. Just a mistake at the painting stage... or another "variation" to get people to buy more. Remember those days?

In case anyone is curious about scale, here's our two latest villains: Bib and Maul...

BibvsMaulpost2.jpg

Wor-Gar said:
You noticed. Yeah, apparently, there are two versions -- one with gloved hands and one without. Mine came in the same package as yours -- all of them did. Just a mistake at the painting stage... or another "variation" to get people to buy more. Remember those days?

In case anyone is curious about scale, here's our two latest villains: Bib and Maul...

I was a teen when that set came out so I wasn't keen on the goings on with Star Wars collectibles, just knew that some things, like the 2-packs of 12 inch figures that came out at that time, were rare and that was the only way to get Jedi Luke, which was my favorite character back then, so my father managed to track one down through my old collectible dealer and I was happy with that, and as you can imagine, I was delighted when that was the first announced figure by Sideshow, and I was VERY happy with the results.

Interesting to label Bib as a villain, I know he's part of the ""Villainy"" line, but I have a hard time seeing him as a villain, he's more like Jabba's mobile voice, he kinda just addresses Hutt's issues but he never does anything underhanded himself, but regardless, doesn't change that he's a beautifully made figure, can't wait to get mine in hand.

Bib is definitely one of the best figures to date.

So here's some more comparisons...

BIB and OBI-WAN: again, judging by Obi's height, you can see that SS is scaling their figures down a bit to be in line with other companies.

BibandObipost.jpg

And here's one we have to wait for: BIB and BOBA...

BibandBobapost.jpg

Can't wait for this, right?

:D

MaulFan said:
By '08 I'm sure.

I'm thinking we'll get a Rancor around that time too....I think that SSC really will start hitting us with more creature now that the collectors have accepted larger pieces like Jabba

Wor-Gar, I've seen a bajillion Boba Fetts on these forums, but that is the single best looking one I have ever seen. How did you get it? Who made it? The rifle, the costume, and the fact that the helmet actually LOOKS RIGHT--it's amazing! You are one lucky guy to have such a perfect Boba, 'cause I've never seen better!

Captain Aldeggon said:
Wor-Gar, I've seen a bajillion Boba Fetts on these forums, but that is the single best looking one I have ever seen. How did you get it? Who made it? The rifle, the costume, and the fact that the helmet actually LOOKS RIGHT--it's amazing! You are one lucky guy to have such a perfect Boba, 'cause I've never seen better!

A bajillion thanks, Capt! :D

That Fett, as some here know, is my prized custom "Empire" Fett that Hurricane built for me way back in the spring of 2005. I am very happy with it to say the least.

Hurricane put a lot of work into it -- lots of real metal bits (toe spikes, knee darts, gun barrel), the visor is clear and there's my own "vision" of what Fett looks like underneath, and his chest panel display and jetpack light actually work. Its pretty insane. No matter what SS does, this will always be my favorite Fett.

I'm glad you like him too, Tom. :D

Captain Aldeggon said:
(maybe it's the whole kenner action figure thing--I was born a few months after ROTJ came out so I don't have any OT nostalgia).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] :rolleyes:

You don't know what you missed....

Back