Bib Fortuna image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe something like this, varied to include the staff.

imageload

Batty said:
I actually like the pose Tom had in his first pic. Bib with his hand up like he was talking to Luke.

Yeah, I like Tom's pose too... best I've seen so far straight out of the box.

MaulFan said:
Maybe something like this, varied to include the staff.

imageload

That's more or less what I have, isn't it? Just added the knife in his hand.

He's a tough one for ""posing"" cuz for the most part he just stood or walked around and occassionaly moved his arms but not much, I don't know if there's a pose that's his essence like some of the other characters.

MaulFan said:
He's a tough one for ""posing"" cuz for the most part he just stood or walked around and occassionaly moved his arms but not much, I don't know if there's a pose that's his essence like some of the other characters.

Yeah, I'm finding that out the hard way. And switching hands on mine is tough -- I've read about other people having trouble with other figure's hands but I've never had a hard time until now. Its such a struggle to pop the hand in that I'm screwing up the outfit as I fight to keep the peg from twisting away.

Anyway, here's a bit of a different pose... somewhat more creepy and suggestive.... kind of like a "Kneel before Zod" gesture.

Bibwarns.jpg

I like that but was thinking of doing that pose just with him holding the staff in his right hand.

Wor-Gar, I just had a thought, it's a no staff pose, but what about a ROTJ Emperor style pose with his hands, that hands in front of the stomach pointed down almost like he's holding an invisible bag type pose, if you know what I mean.

OK, I tried it the way several have suggested... any better?

Bibwithstaff2.jpg

Bibwithstaff3.jpg

Bibwithstaff1.jpg

This does seem like the most Bib-ish pose. The middle one has a particularly good quality due to the backlighting.

Maulfan, I do know the pose you suggested, the Sidious pose, but hell if I'm gonna swap those damn hands again. I've had it with them. :D

Wor-Gar said:
OK, I tried it the way several have suggested... any better?

Bibwithstaff1.jpg

This does seem like the most Bib-ish pose. The middle one has a particularly good quality due to the backlighting.
Seeing Bib like this makes me want to watch RotJ NOW! Not sure if I should choose the recently released Limited Edition with the original theatrical version (2006), the remastered version (2004), or the Special Edition (1997)... heh! I know, there was no staff in the movie, but it fits so perfectly!

I'm finding, that while it's a cool exclusive, trying to pose with the staff doesn' work so well with the face sculpt, it's fairly blank so the staff makes him seem like those British guards that don't move or speak, somewhat lifeless, I think he might look better with his hands in some pose that shows life to him like he was snapped in the middle of a moment, but it's your Bib so do what you're happy with.

Thanks Alice... :D

So what's everyone's vote for my Bib pose? A, B or C?

moreBibstaff2.jpg
Bibwithstaff.jpg

Bibwarns.jpg

Do I dare take Maulfan's advice and pose him without his exclusive staff? I do agree it limits him. But then again, he's a tricky one to pose even without it.

I'm still thinking arms-crossed with his head tilted slightly to the side might give him some character and attitude.

I quickly, CRUDELY, photoshopped this to demonstrate what I tired to describe earlier cuz I saw one of your shots was almost there.

bib.jpg

:rotfl Is Bib giving an indication of size?

Anyway, yeah, I knew the Emperor pose you meant. I'm just not sure it does anything for me personally, plus none of his hands are in a relaxed manner -- another reason he's tricky to pose.

I tried my crossed-arm thing but it just closed his robe and covered the colorful part of his outfit.

I agree, a hands-by-his-side is probably the most Bib-like pose as far as the movie goes...and until I get Jabba I can't put him in "ear-whispering" pose... so for now I think I'm going with the staff pose, with his knife tucked in his cumberbund.

He really isn't a solo figure, I can imagine his selling would be lesser if the whole Jabba setup weren't coming out, I would have gotten it anyway, it's a beautiful piece, but for people who display their figures, he doesn't have much to do alone, not like a Maul, or Obi-Wan or Han where the character has lots of dynamic poses that can be done without interaction with other figures.

Very true.

I have to say though, as I sit here and look at him, he really is a great character and a terrific figure. Holding the staff gives him a certain majesty and makes him look larger than without it. I know it will be the most common pose, but it does seem to suit him. Maybe its just that old Kenner figure knocking around in my head.

Wor-Gar said:
and until I get Jabba I can't put him in "ear-whispering" pose.

Thats how mine will be as well... Jabba better get here fast or poor Bib will look like a dork wispering into Crumbs ear. :)

Back