Beyond the Event Horizon Customs and Bashes by The_Darkness_Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much.

IMG_7609.JPG

Last edited:
:clap :clap :clap :clap

Seriously, this pic is crazy awesome. All the hard work you have put into these guys can be seen here. Super stuff man, you should be proud. :)

You are on a roll man, you are really cranking these guys out!! The Lutrillian looks great.

Its so funny looking at these outfits from ANH. Its like Lucas' design team went through our parts bins and grabbed whatever they could scrounge up to make a character outfits. :)

:exactly: It worked out good for me.
I put him in a Churchill "fat suit" so I had to make pants for him. I am glad the jacket was easy to add. :D

Thank you. :hi5:

Not to sound like the old broken record again, but excellent work dude!
Everything you've shared here has been excellent examples of top notch customizing artistry......& very inspiring.

That is ok. I love reading it. It really does keep me going... at least when I can work on my projects. (The government shutdown at least gave me more spare time.)

I hope people can see the little ... ah ... details, I set up in the photo shoot. :D

^

Thank you both very much for the comments. It is very motivational.

BLOWN AWAY!!! What did you use for a suit for Snaggletooth? Is it Mego?

That's a good idea regarding the Mego. At first, I actually tried out a Mego body but wasn't happy with that option. I finally modified a ZCWO body.

Then I tailored (I did my best) the 1/6 scale jumpsuit to the new body. I cut thin strips of yellow and blue iron on fabric to create the pattern. I couldn't make it exactly like Zutton because of some of the jumpsuit characteristics.

Wow man, cant wait to see this one come together. I like all the "greeblies" you have gathered up, good stuff Steven.

Thanks everyone. :D

This power droid has been on my mind for a while. It has room inside for so many possibilities. I considered adding a sound effects feature. (I have some figures with a MP3 recorder /player / USB interface.) I have the audio file. While I like the sound effects and the accompanying music, it could get annoying quickly. :monkey3

A walking power droid would be fantastic but that little motor (if used) will be only for looks. :)

I am still working the details but here are some of the ideas:
  • I plan to have a panel open up to reveal the illusion of ancient techno jury-rigging.
  • LED lit interior behind panel
  • LEDs on front
  • The circuit will have a voltage regulator / resistors to protect the LEDs.
  • The droid can be powered by a disguised wall outlet or by an internal battery pack with rechargeable batteries.
  • It might have LEDs elsewhere like the “Plunk” (PLNK) and some other power droids.

As I am trying to cut a perfect circle or 90 degree cut (something made by another machine), I really wish I had access to a machine shop or 3D printer – dream.

:hi5:

Depending on the material, I use a hole saw for circles. A little miter box for straight cuts is on the list of things to buy.

Back