Beyond Good & Evil Getting HD Re-Release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol...even back then Backwards compatibility should've been implemented. I think Sega was the only one back then that tried that, but they had those stupid adapters for everything.
Whoops, forgot about the Gameboy adapter for the SNES.

I agree with you, but obviously these game companies don't. :lol

Well, to be fair, I guess movie studios don't either. I don't know why I have three different versions of Die Hard in my collection. Other than it being awesome.

I am super excited for this one personally. I got the original game on my gamecube used so I never was able to give the developers the proper support for this amazing title. As soon as it is released I will be buying it for sure. Such a great game!

It's out anyone else pick it up yet?

Tried the demo this morning and then bought it a few hours later. I never had a chance to play the original and I like how it felt. I thought about about it and after the demo ended I found myself an hour or so later wanting to play to see what happened. Reminds me of the series from the PS2 a little with a little Ratchet and Clank and even some Zelda elements thrown in.

For $10 it's a steal. Certain HD remakes are coming out at double the price.

I must ask that we please keep this thread spoiler free for those of us who never played the original?

Last edited:
This isn't on PSN yet. :impatient:

Yeah the PSN is really lacking compared to the XBL service.

PSN you can't download any trial games, on the XBL almost every game has a free trial version, which is basically a demo. PSN releases their demos like a month after the Xbox service.

I think PS3 owners need to wait until March 30th to download it. That's what IGN has as the release date, and 360 owners got it on March 2nd.

I will have beaten it by the time it releases on the PSN. Prob be playing PoP collection then. But so far, I really dig the art style and flow of the game.

Eh...I'll wait. I have like $30 loaded into my PSN wallet. I've already played this game twice already.

This is one of my favorite games of all time. I really wish I could play it now, but I'll have to wait for the PS3 release date.

Sorry but I need to post the best song from a game ever...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EVxveDxRCOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wish I could take my car to the Mammago garage and have it repaired by anthropomorphic rhinoceros.

I'm really liking this game. It's just fun to play despite it's age. I feel it still holds up despite a few flaws...such as camera, combat, and no autosave feature.

I don't mean to triple post...but news on the PSN release date:

IPS3 owners of the world can now mark their calendars in anticipation of a May release date on PSN.

As an added bonus, those who download the game from PSN in the first two weeks of release will receive two free avatars of the game’s hero Jade and her Uncle Pey-j, with which to decorate their PSN card. Xbox 360 owners received no such bonus, so PS3 owners should count themselves lucky.

Given the fact that the game’s producer has said successful HD sales could help a sequel become a reality, fans of the series will likely be giving their money to not only enjoy a classic actioner, but do their part to see a proper next-gen release of Beyond Good & Evil 2. Ubisoft has released a short teaser for the sequel, but the game is far from guaranteed.

PS3 owners can put their weight behind future titles by downloading Beyond Good & Evil HD from PSN sometime in May. We’ll bring you the exact date when it’s released.

PSN BG&E fashionably late to the party. I don't care about avatars or game cards.

It's a consolation prize for those sole PS3 owners for waiting. Me I've already bought played it, beat it, and got all the achievements and those poor PS3 owners won't even be getting it at least for another 2 months.

I never played this game, I really need to. I've been trying to get a hold of an original xbox copy. One day i'll play it!

Back