Beyond Good & Evil Getting HD Re-Release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starkiller

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure how this slipped through the cracks and I forgot to post it when I got off work but, Beyond Good & Evil, one of the best (and yet under-appreciated) games of the previous hardware generation, is to receive a well-deserved re-release in high definition, Ubisoft has just revealed.

It won't just be a quick and dirty cash-in, though; level textures and character models are being improved, it'll run at 1080p and the game's score is also being improved.

Beyond Good & Evil HD will be released on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation network sometime in 2011.

If you've never played the original, which was released in 2003, think Zelda (with its dungeons and action/RPG mannerisms) with a little Metroid/Dead Rising (scanning/photography) thrown in for good measure.

https://kotaku.com/5651856/beyond-good--evil-getting-hd-re+release

I never got around to buying it for my gamecube so between this and the new oddworld strangers wraith...I'm psyched.

976.jpg

I'm worried about the growing trend of HD re-releases.

I'm worried that the remake-arama that's gripped the movie industry will take over the games industry. It's bad enough that games get sequel after sequel with a few new moves and new enemies, but the same game, just better looking?? Over and over again??

I'm worried about the growing trend of HD re-releases.

I'm worried that the remake-arama that's gripped the movie industry will take over the games industry. It's bad enough that games get sequel after sequel with a few new moves and new enemies, but the same game, just better looking?? Over and over again??

I don't think that comparison quite fits. These HD remakes basically equate to a company releasing a 2 disc special edition of a movie or releasing the Blu-ray version.

awesome game, loved it and its great to see it get the hd rerelease..........wonder if we'll get metal gear solid 2 and 3 in hd too??

God of War, Sly Cooper, Mortal Kombat, ICO/SotC, and now this.

You could even lump GOTY Editions into this category.

You forgot the upcoming Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia collections expected early next year.

I'm no afraid to go back and buy any games I missed for fear of a bigger and better rerelease. What better way to battle used games?

I believe he's referring to the fact that games have been getting re-released for years now. Its nothing new.

That's exactly what I meant. Oh Biojex you know me too well.

But yeah Im sitting here looking at my copy of the Ninja Gaiden (NES) trilogy collection for SNES that says re-releases have been around longer than most of the gamers who complain about them nowadays.

But yeah Im sitting here looking at my copy of the Ninja Gaiden (NES) trilogy collection for SNES that says re-releases have been around longer than most of the gamers who complain about them nowadays.

Lol...even back then Backwards compatibility should've been implemented. I think Sega was the only one back then that tried that, but they had those stupid adapters for everything.
Whoops, forgot about the Gameboy adapter for the SNES.

Back