• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Beware ebay seller from Chile...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. The person who scammed me is below:
Emilia Araya Acuna
[email protected]
ebayid: emibam(no longer valid id)

I'm not pulling every chilean ebayer, only the suspicious ones that share the same buying and selling patterns as the chilean ebayer who scammed me. Their patterns seem almost too identical to be just mere coinsidence.

Maybe I am a little cuckoo, (but it makes for great reading right? :wink1:), or maybe this person has put the wool over your eyes with money in your pocket. Time will tell,
By the way, now that I've disclosed some information to you, what ebay id do you sell under?

:rolleyes: :rotfl Sure, I'll get that to you right away.

If you trust this person so much, why don't you put your wallet where your mouth is, and buy some hot toys predators from this person that you're defending so much. They are at great prices! You could easily re-sell them as a seller on ebay and make a hefty profit. Hell if you're reputable, maybe I'll buy one of the preds from you on ebay if you let me(and let me know your ebay id). Fill me in when you receive the preds from this person(if you trust him/her enough to buy). Cuz after all, they pay on time so they must be trustworthy right? :wink1:

Because I am not an idiot who thinks they are getting a load of Hot Toys Pred's for close to nothing.

:goodpost:

I only posted this thread to warn and make people aware. I hope I'm wrong. And if I am, I'll tell the powers that be to close this thread forever. But if not, I hope this thread continues to live on as long as these scammers are out there. Someones got to stand up to these theives and call them out, so that others don't pay the price.

What would we do without you?:slap

What would we do without you?:slap

I know, I know, you're making me blush...thanks for the love. :1-1: Let's just wait and see what happens. Maybe I'm wrong and you're right. Only time can tell. We can only wait and see. :wink1:

:goodpost:

I only posted this thread to warn and make people aware. I hope I'm wrong. And if I am, I'll tell the powers that be to close this thread forever. But if not, I hope this thread continues to live on as long as these scammers are out there. Someones got to stand up to these theives and call them out, so that others don't pay the price.
No disrespect and I appreciate you are trying to help people but we have had a 'Bad sellers/Buyers' thread in the Permathreads sections for years, all you have to do is post in there.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9546

This latest comment you made seems like you are on a crusade and thats not what this is for. You have made people aware that you think there is fraudulent/scamming activity going and you have explained your reasons, people can decide for themselves whether they want to buy from a particualr seller, you do not need to stand up for anyone.

EBay has their own coverage, their own policies and their own way of dealing with these people. All you could do here is mention it to so people know there may be something going on and that you suspect suspicious activity.

Scammers ARE out there, they always will be unfortunately. That does not mean that if you think someone is one that you should start a parade against them. Report them to eBay, mention it here if you want to and move on.

Thanks.
x :peace

P.S- Multi quote is your friend.

How would you know if they did or not? Do you work at Ebay?

No but if I did, rest asured, I wouldn't be reporting anything. It's usually the ebay users reporting things to ebay, not the other way around. :wink1:

Because I am not an idiot who thinks they are getting a load of Hot Toys Pred's for close to nothing.

Mobeill, I hope you're not calling all people who got scammed on ebay predator purchases idiots.

No disrespect and I appreciate you are
Scammers ARE out there, they always will be unfortunately. That does not mean that if you think someone is one that you should start a parade against them. Report them to eBay, mention it here if you want to and move on.

Thanks.

P.S- Multi quote is your friend.

Not starting any parade :wink1: . Just keeping people aware and informed so that others will not be scammed. It would also be nice to move on, and we will, once this person is stopped. But as of now, they are still out there scamming people. (FYI: already reported it to ebay several weeks ago before this thread started, but ebay is still dragging their feet on this matter)

Last edited:
Not starting any parade, although that would be nice. Just keeping people aware and informed so that others will not be scammed. It would also be nice to move on, and we will, once this guy is stopped. But as of now, they are still out there scamming people. (FYI already reported it to ebay, but ebay is dragging their feet)
Wanting a parade in itself speaks volumes.

You have informed people, many have become aware of the issues you have raised. However this forum is not here as a soapbox for anyone to use as a means to de-bunk a seller/s you may think is corrupt/fraudulent/scamming.

Ebay may be dragging their feet but ultimately it is their responsibility to deal with any problems that may or may not be really there.

As I said, scammers will ALWAYS be out there scamming people, it is one of the downsides of this hobby and I personally despise.
All we can do as collectors is be alert, get as much information as possible and cover ourselves. Also if necessary we can make others aware of our experience as you have in this instance. So you have helped, you have alerted people and I thank you.
Any buyer will ultimately decide for themselves whether they are to proceed based on the information given and their own judgement.

You have done the important thing, you have reported it to eBay and you have mentioned it here and I thank you for that as I'm sure others do aswell but this has become a personal mission against people who may or may not be scammers and it is not necessary.

Thread closed.
Shell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back