• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Beware ebay seller from Chile...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does have a point. I can only speak for ko350an since he's the only one I'm dealing with. We do not know 100% if he's a crook. Yeah he's selling expensive stuff cheap. But for all we know his story is true. He bought a pallet of figures from somewhere maybe dirt cheap. Think about it realistically, these figures are worth so much because of the demand. When they first came out you could get one for $150. Lets say he got them at half of that. He's still making a killing if he sells them below the market value. His story is a good one and could happen. He also did send me a picture with my ebay name as proof. He responds right away. Lets also not forget that I asked him for other Hot Toys figures which he cleary told me he did not have. Now I'm not a scammer, but if I was. Someone asking you for an item and willing to pay you for it seems like an easy take. He could have said, yes I have them. They are "x" amount of dollars and I ould have paid. He did not do that. He also said that he had some other figures in his collection and that he would sell them to me. But to wait until I got my first shipment. Of course this could all be bullcrap an he's stringing me along. But is it so hard to believe? Like I said, it would be funny if we get our stuff. If that happened, I would personally apologize to the guy for talking crap on here. Even if he had no clue about this thread. I'm gonna give it another week before I draw any conclusions. He said 10-12 day shipping time. Time will tell folks.

These people are very cunning, and are very good at appeasing people and understanding their concerns and how others think and reason(kind of like politicians=). They understand human nature, and sometimes use this knowledge for bad intentions. But fair enough. Let's wait and see and give this person the benefit of the doubt. But remember this: Like the calm before a storm, his/her actions will speak 1000 times louder than their smooth and soothing words. :wink1:

Last edited:
He does have a point. I can only speak for ko350an since he's the only one I'm dealing with. We do not know 100% if he's a crook. Yeah he's selling expensive stuff cheap. But for all we know his story is true. He bought a pallet of figures from somewhere maybe dirt cheap. Think about it realistically, these figures are worth so much because of the demand. When they first came out you could get one for $150. Lets say he got them at half of that. He's still making a killing if he sells them below the market value. His story is a good one and could happen. He also did send me a picture with my ebay name as proof. He responds right away. Lets also not forget that I asked him for other Hot Toys figures which he cleary told me he did not have. Now I'm not a scammer, but if I was. Someone asking you for an item and willing to pay you for it seems like an easy take. He could have said, yes I have them. They are "x" amount of dollars and I ould have paid. He did not do that. He also said that he had some other figures in his collection and that he would sell them to me. But to wait until I got my first shipment. Of course this could all be bullcrap an he's stringing me along. But is it so hard to believe? Like I said, it would be funny if we get our stuff. If that happened, I would personally apologize to the guy for talking crap on here. Even if he had no clue about this thread. I'm gonna give it another week before I draw any conclusions. He said 10-12 day shipping time. Time will tell folks.

This is the exact situation happen with me with that seller on ebay with 500++ positive feedback. He said he's helping his friend selling these avp figures. His friend bought lot of them already. And he's not after profit. Just put couple dollar on top what his friend asks. He has the story so convincing. He replied my email every single day. He's very friendly and we talk a lot of things. Life and collection. He seems like cool guy. I asked him if he has other preds and he said no. I had the same thought like u did. I wait.. I wait.. I wait.. Call me stupid but he has me convinced till 2 months. On the 45th day I open the case and he got mad and I explained and he accepted. He refunded my money even he claimed the shipping is in progress. Then I pay him again to restart the 45 days countdown. I basically put thousands for many avp preds for 3 batches of shipment. Who knows then after 2 months he just gone. I started seeing negative feedbacks.

Like u said it's true if he really had purchased that $150 selling at $300 will be more than enough. But ask u this. Will u sell urs $300 on $600. The reasonable one is $500. That exact thought that made me fall and fall again :) Hopefully u r correct and get the items u bought. As for suggestion don't hope too much coz I did and it really disappointed even though I got my money back.

I also had other seller selling 2 scar anicom for $1200. Same story he bought it cheap long time ago.. Again another empty hope :)

These people are very cunning, and are very good at appeasing people and understanding their concerns and how others think and reason(kind of like politicians=). They understand human nature, and sometimes use this knowledge for bad intentions. But fair enough. Let's wait and see and give this person the benefit of the doubt. But remember this: Like the calm before a storm, his/her actions will speak 100 times louder than their smooth and soothing words. :wink1:

Exactly. I used to convinced myself like Darth did. That gave me more paint and disappointment :(

So I hope we all not scammed but as Ash and Raf said they've been scammed and simply speculation. As for which seller I don't remember.

I know jcstey or whatever is most likely one.

Another ebay member contacted me about jcstey or sth. Hope I saved another unlucky soul.
Work have u left any feedback? Or u have been just warning us ?

ko350an got 4 feedback today. He's been on his shipping frenzy but at least this jcstey didn't get any feedback today. It can be because he spent all the money, feedbacks haven't been left, or my negative feedback pause his selling, or paypal freeze all his money. Any will be good. But ko350an seem unstoppable.

Don't let him be beyond Godlike lol.

And Darth if u bought these collection at $150 will u consider this at $300 but then use all the money again buying figures that's according to market price. Most of these figures are buy it now which are on average more expensive but u get to get them faster instead of waiting for auction. That should explain work hypothesis.

Well if I can hack someone ebay and paypal account I will be using all the money to buy BIN item ignoring the price. Have them all paid and shipped to me asap. The sooner the better :) While waiting 12 days as he wanted will be providing safe haven for him. That's why I decided not to wait any longer.

Another ebay member contacted me about jcstey or sth. Hope I saved another unlucky soul.
Work have u left any feedback? Or u have been just warning us ?

Just warning you guys. I was scammed roughly 2-3 months ago and got my money back from paypal resolution center. I gave her negative feed back and she privatized her ebay id rating as soon as I did that. That ebay id she used 3 months back is now discontinued. I suspect jcestay hasn't privatized her ebay id yet because she has 3 other ebay ids doing her dirty work. The ko350an id seems to be buying up a storm. 5 or 6 purchases a day it seems..

work13, can u PM ko350an or can anyone do that see if he/she replies. If he/she does and he/she still hasn't replied me by then I will be suspicious if jcstey and ko350an indeed the same person and he/she knows me for leaving negative feedback already. Just another wild assumption :)

Just warning you guys. I was scammed roughly 2-3 months ago and got my money back from paypal resolution center. I gave her negative feed back and she privatized her ebay id rating as soon as I did that. That ebay id she used 3 months back is now discontinued. I suspect jcestay hasn't privatized her ebay id yet because she has 3 other ebay ids doing her dirty work. The ko350an id seems to be buying up a storm. 5 or 6 purchases a day it seems..

if he doesn't reply me ever then this should support or suspicious that at least jcstey and koan are the same person.

I was scammed with 500++ feedback who were very nice and talked with me every single day as we agreed till I got my item. So I won't be surprised if this member who's only 2-month new with 0 selling feedback is a crook.

Ebay member by the id Bluehawk sent me this:

Hi
Thanks for your help. I believe you, I search the completed lists of ebay.
I fund some seller doing the same thing, selling hot toys very cheap. They all from chile.
The ID is

arnellya
jcestay
ko350an
salvalde

Let's work together, bring them down. So far, They list over 40 times, at least over 30 mumbers been scammed.
Some victim paid 10000+. We need warn the others ASAP.

I already reported them, If possible, You also can help us report them again. Make ebay notifed faster.

Thanks

- bluehawkqx

Is this person also freak member? lol.

I'd suggest that you hold off on shipping the item.

Because if the original sender of the money filed a claim, its not out of the question that paypal will take that money from your account.

Is that what you would do? You'd listen to rumor on a message board and not send an item that someone has paid for? Is that how you handle your auctions?

We are not 100% sure of course. Nobody is. Why don't you read through this thread before asking so many questions and be the judge for yourself. Again, it is not our intent to slander any ebay seller. I'm only here to point out highly suspicious behavior to protect ebay buyers and members of this forum from possible fraudulant activity.

I know there are many posts on this thread, but please take the time to peruse through some of the posts and maybe then you'll understand why we are so suspicious of these Chilean ebay ids. Please look to the beginning and very 1st post on page 1 for a reference and continually updated summary of what is happening. There you'll see the suspicious ebay ids that we are referring to and monitoring with concern.

I did read the thread, and all you have done is provide speculation, and guesses. Sorry you got scammed, but this does not make it right. You yourself use words such as "highly suspicious", and possibly Fraudulent", yet you can say that it is not your wish to slander anyone? Hmmm.

These people are very cunning, and are very good at appeasing people and understanding their concerns and how others think and reason(kind of like politicians=). They understand human nature, and sometimes use this knowledge for bad intentions. But fair enough. Let's wait and see and give this person the benefit of the doubt. But remember this: Like the calm before a storm, his/her actions will speak 1000 times louder than their smooth and soothing words. :wink1:

You sound a little crazy there.:cuckoo:
If you were scammed name the person's I.D. who scammed you. Pulling every other Suspicious Chilean Ebayer through the mud is not cool based on just your speculation. I'm surprised this thread is allowed to stand.

Is that what you would do? You'd listen to rumor on a message board and not send an item that someone has paid for? Is that how you handle your auctions?

I did read the thread, and all you have done is provide speculation, and guesses. Sorry you got scammed, but this does not make it right. You yourself use words such as "highly suspicious", and possibly Fraudulent", yet you can say that it is not your wish to slander anyone? Hmmm.

You sound a little crazy there.:cuckoo:
If you were scammed name the person's I.D. who scammed you. Pulling every other Suspicious Chilean Ebayer through the mud is not cool based on just your speculation. I'm surprised this thread is allowed to stand.

Yeah, I think its safe to assume this is a scam though by looking at what they are doing. I don't know that for a fact but a lot of sign's point to it being a scam. Who know's there items could show up at the door and id eat my words on it but I highly doubt it. I agree though, I guess people shouldn't be calling ebay users out unless they know for a fact they are scam artist's. All I can say for everyone is be safe on ebay...if it looks like a scam don't buy into it and save yourself the headache. Me personally I do not buy High Dollar items out of the United States if someone has zero or very low feedback. Just a rule I go by and I am certain has probably saved me a ton of problems in the past. From story's I have heard from people and please people do not take offense to this, most people I know who have been scammed has been out of the United States. Just think its easier for people to get away with it.

As proved by this thread, even if something is pointed out to be suspicious, its up to the person themselves to make the final decision on taking the risk.

...You sound a little crazy there.:cuckoo:

Fair enough. The person who scammed me is below:
Emilia Araya Acuna
[email protected]
ebayid: emibam(no longer valid id)

I'm not pulling every chilean ebayer, only the suspicious ones that share the same buying and selling patterns as the chilean ebayer who scammed me. Their patterns seem almost too identical to be just mere coinsidence.

Maybe I am a little cuckoo, (but it makes for great reading right? :wink1:), or maybe this person has put the wool over your eyes with money in your pocket. Time will tell,
By the way, now that I've disclosed some information to you, what ebay id do you sell under?

Last edited:
If I'm fixing to buy a high dollar item and a seller has only feedback ratings from being a buyer I usually won't buy.

If you trust this person so much, why don't you put your wallet where your mouth is, and buy some hot toys predators from this person that you're defending so much. They are at great prices! You could easily re-sell them as a seller on ebay and make a hefty profit. Hell if you're reputable, maybe I'll buy one of the preds from you on ebay if you let me(and let me know your ebay id). Fill me in when you receive the preds from this person(if you trust him/her enough to buy). Cuz after all, they pay on time so they must be trustworthy right? :wink1:

Last edited:
New update on the First Page.
Updated the link of all newly sold items(Last 15 days) by Chilean ebay seller: arnellya. Already, all of this person's items have been taken off of ebay when you try and click on the individual links. Infact, this person is no longer a registered user.

Last edited:
work13, can u PM ko350an or can anyone do that see if he/she replies. If he/she does and he/she still hasn't replied me by then I will be suspicious if jcstey and ko350an indeed the same person and he/she knows me for leaving negative feedback already. Just another wild assumption :)

I PM'd ko350an a great many times and this person hasn't responded to me once-And I didn't even buy anything from this person. Just was asking this person questions about jcestay, and Emilia Acuna(the person who scammed me) and no response whatsoever.

Last edited:
...As proved by this thread, even if something is pointed out to be suspicious, its up to the person themselves to make the final decision on taking the risk...
:goodpost:

I only posted this thread to warn and make people aware. I hope I'm wrong. And if I am, I'll tell the powers that be to close this thread forever. But if not, I hope this thread continues to live on as long as these scammers are out there. Someones got to stand up to these theives and call them out, so that others don't pay the price.

Yeah, I think its safe to assume this is a scam though by looking at what they are doing. I don't know that for a fact but a lot of sign's point to it being a scam. Who know's there items could show up at the door and id eat my words on it but I highly doubt it. I agree though, I guess people shouldn't be calling ebay users out unless they know for a fact they are scam artist's. All I can say for everyone is be safe on ebay...if it looks like a scam don't buy into it and save yourself the headache. Me personally I do not buy High Dollar items out of the United States if someone has zero or very low feedback. Just a rule I go by and I am certain has probably saved me a ton of problems in the past. From story's I have heard from people and please people do not take offense to this, most people I know who have been scammed has been out of the United States. Just think its easier for people to get away with it.

As proved by this thread, even if something is pointed out to be suspicious, its up to the person themselves to make the final decision on taking the risk.

I agree with you. I've been scammed on Ebay in the past as well. My motto is "if it's seems too GOOD to be true, then it is not."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back