Better Trilogy:LotR or Indy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LotR or Indy?

• Total voters
Don't they find the ring? Isn't that a big part?

I mean, Star Wars PT leads up to the OT, but they are two different stories.

Point is, when it becomes a movie, the rules change.

I prefer to think of The Hobbit (movie) as one super ass long film broken into 3 parts. :lol

Yes, Bilbo finds the ring but nobody will know that it's the one ring. That's THE event that ties the two stories together. Other events will add some of course but again they're two totally separate stories. Sorry CP you're just wrong on this one. Take it from someone who has spent the last 10+ years involved heavily in this fictional world.

Basically it's like this: The Hobbit is about the Dwarves reclaiming Erebor and The Lord of the Rings is about destroying The One Ring/defeating Sauron. The main thing that ties them together is that Bilbo finds the ring.

Yes, Bilbo finds the ring but nobody will know that it's the one ring. That's THE event that ties the two stories together. Other events will add some of course but again they're two totally separate stories. Sorry CP you're just wrong on this one. Take it from someone who has spent the last 10+ years involved heavily in this fictional world.

Ok. But take it from someone who isn't, and knows even LESS then I do.

Same characters, takes place before = Prequel.

I'm not saying you're wrong, you're no doubt right, but i'm playing semetics. Now, you're looking at it like the book matters, it doesn't for the film. The reason why is, most people probably never read any of the books, so to them, it's a prequel.

So if Star Wars can't have it's own trilogy, and Batman can't, then I would say by that logic, neither should LOTR.

Semetics. :D

So is SW considered two trilogies - the OT and the PT? Or is it a hextology...or sextology? I don't know what the appropriate term would be for six films. :lol

You're always wrong. Every thing you say is wrong. Nam Jr. :lol

That s__ needs to stop. Right now. I haven't done anything to you for you to go there. Seriously we might not agree on anything here but I have never insulted you for real or anything. Is all fine when we all play but that NamJr crap needs to stop. I mean it.

Yes, I'm sure that's how some people like you will look at it and even how it's being sold to the GA. I'm just saying that its not a prequel in the traditional sense. I'm looking at it from how the stories are related so I know I'm right. As far as how many people have read them I'd venture to guess its a lot.

So like I said I'm sure for the GA that knows little to anything they'll think of it that way. However, for people like me that know better we know its not. In the end we're both happy.

That s__ needs to stop. Right now. I haven't done anything to you for you to go there. Seriously we might not agree on anything here but I have never insulted you for real or anything. Is all fine when we all play but that NamJr crap needs to stop. I mean it.

It won't stop if you keep doing **** like that. You poke and press until you get response. Why do you want it so much? You want to come at me, when everyone disagrees with me (Which is fine by me, I can be wrong), and come in like a funny man, go for it. But i'm coming back at you. :lol

Yes, I'm sure that's how some people like you will look at it and even how it's being sold to the GA. I'm just saying that its not a prequel in the traditional sense. I'm looking at it from how the stories are related so I know I'm right. As far as how many people have read them I'd venture to guess its a lot.

So like I said I'm sure for the GA that knows little to anything they'll think of it that way. However, for people like me that know better we know its not. In the end we're both happy.

I know they're not. I was just playing that semetics card.

I trust your view on the series. But I wouldn't trust GA Joe Schmo with it. :lol

He'll say what I'm saying.:lol

It won't stop if you keep doing **** like that. You poke and press until you get response. Why do you want it so much? You want to come at me, when everyone disagrees with me (Which is fine by me, I can be wrong), and come in like a funny man, go for it. But i'm coming back at you. :lol

everything you say is fine. Except the Jr crap. That's where I draw the line. :mad:

So is SW considered two trilogies - the OT and the PT? Or is it a hextology...or sextology? I don't know what the appropriate term would be for six films. :lol

Sextet. :lol

everything you say is fine. Except the Jr crap. That's where I draw the line. :mad:

:exactly: If there were even the slightest possibility for me to spawn anything like Blackmask, I'd turn myself into a eunuch. :lecture:lecture:lecture

I know they're not. I was just playing that semetics card.

I trust your view on the series. But I wouldn't trust GA Joe Schmo with it. :lol

He'll say what I'm saying.:lol

I know. I'm just ranting because for a min I get to talk about something I love. :lol

I appreciate that. :duff

I know that and that's how it's being sold. Fine by me because it will help it make money and give my favorite thing more time in the sun.

I know. I'm just ranting because for a min I get to talk about something I love. :lol

I appreciate that. :duff

I know that and that's how it's being sold. Fine by me because it will help it make money and give my favorite thing more time in the sun.

If it's good, it'll deserve it even more. So it's a super win win for everyone.

And LOL Nam.

Back