Better quality Styrofoam & Outter box - SideShow vs XM - Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webb

Super Freak
Reaction score
PLEASE Sideshow I don't mind paying an extra $5.00 for a better quality packing material,what happened to the nice and strong gray Styrofoam ? A couple years back we got the statues wrapped in polypropylene sheet foam,then you changed to paper and now is in a plastic bag.:slap

The cardboard box is very very thin and tears up very easily,on my last purchase the Hulk Gladiator the box purpose I guess is just to cover the inner box,because doesn't offer any protection at all for $600.00 piece.

A $200.00 Hoy Toys comes with much better Styrofoam and outer box and a $600.00 doesn't, why is that ?

The prices keep increasing and the material used declining.Do something SS.

Last edited:
Re: Better quality Styrofoam & Outter box !!!

I suppose this is a question of nice to have vs need to have. Sure, it feels and looks better and more safe, but if it isn't really the case, then they might as well cut down the expenses on packaging.

I agree with this if it helps get the stuff to me without breaking. Usually there are no replacements and to have it break is terrible.
I get a lot of breakage from sideshow... like 50% arrives broken here. I'm not sure if it is because of the week of surface travel the package takes to get from southwest coast to the northeast coast or what.

You ever see sideshow redesign the box mid-run? The elder predator shipper box was skin tight and they changed it to an oversize shipper with spacers on the replacement batch.
I guess so many broke that they had to have another replacement batch made.

There also seems to be 2 types of white Styrofoam. One type holds up fairly well and the other falls apart if you breathe on it.

every statue i have received from sideshow in the past 4 or 5 years has been broken and or defective. so yes i would pay 5$ more for better packaging. i will not pay more for a non defective statue.

XM box looks better and the company is 1/100 of Sideshow's.

10418516_498829173588091_534503417343574701_n.jpg

Last edited:

Over 250 views and 3 comments,Wow you guys really love SS's Styrofoam/packing,nice and sturdy uh ? Can travel around the world without a problem,if you don't speak up nothing will happen.:huh

Sideshow Hulk Maquette $650.00 *Box comparison photos*

image_zps5e261e7c.jpg

XM-Studios Incredible Hulk Statue - $640.00

10472577_10152594824248328_7407117952444835860_n.jpg

603711_10152594824273328_7571759298437116658_n.jpg

10492514_10152594824558328_6283220412137796549_n.jpg

10478935_10152594824598328_2255662561960743294_n.jpg

I'm not talking about the statues here,but the packing quality a way smaller company product is cheaper than Sideshow's and the packing quality is 1st class.

Last edited:
Re: Better quality Styrofoam & Outter box - SideShow vs XM -

Wow, that is quite a difference. It would not cost that much more for better packing with the quantity SS orders.

I am curious when a package gets damaged and returned to SS, does SS get full refund from UPS for the damage?

Wow, that is quite a difference. It would not cost that much more for better packing with the quantity SS orders.

I am curious when a package gets damaged and returned to SS, does SS get full refund from UPS for the damage?

They must because all packages are insured.

They must because all packages are insured.

So then they get paid the full value plus keep the item which may only have one broken part. I wonder if UPS makes them do partial claims in that case for just that part or they claim it as a total loss.

Never had a single one damages. And more styrofoam means bigger boxes which means higher shipping costs. It's not just about a few bucks.

Never had a single one damages. And more styrofoam means bigger boxes which means higher shipping costs. It's not just about a few bucks.

I never said "MORE" but a denser Styrofoam with better quality.Probably will weight a few grams more,but when you're shipping Hulk Gladiator with 53lbs a few grams would not matter.

Plus you're located in Moreno Valley,just 90 minutes from Sideshows warehouse,tell that to international buyers.

Last edited:
of course I would always like better packing materials, but haven't had too many broken pieces, mostly paint errors and chips.

I wouldn't mind paying more to get better packaging. I guess all international collectors would agree. Having said that, Sideshow is still way better than PCS and ARH. Their packaging and foam is pathetic to say the least.

XM's packaging looks very nice comparatively, where do you get their products from?

Back