Better Call Saul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who else thought that when he went back to the office at the foot salon and started re-recording his answer phone message, that he was going to become Saul Goodman?

Who else thought that when he went back to the office at the foot salon and started re-recording his answer phone message, that he was going to become Saul Goodman?

That's what I was thinking. When he decided that the first message just wasn't right, I expected to hear the name change.

Another great episode. So I'm assuming Mike is the reason for Hector being in the wheelchair?

That's what I'm thinking as well. The one episode where he was going to take Tuco out illustrated Mike's familiarity with the M40. And that location he was at where he was casing out the restaurant where Hector hangs out is a good location for a shooter...although it seems to be easily boxed in if he doesn't get out of there fast enough.

It'll be awesome to see how it plays out. When we're first introduced to Hector in Breaking Bad, he's wheel chair bound, can't speak, and part of his face is paralyzed...all classic symptoms of a stroke. It never even crossed my mind that his condition could have been a result of something else...

this is taking too long to get to Saul... I am feeling that the more they show of Kim the less I care. not sure why they are giving so much screen time to her on things that dont really matter.

It'll be awesome to see how it plays out. When we're first introduced to Hector in Breaking Bad, he's wheel chair bound, can't speak, and part of his face is paralyzed...all classic symptoms of a stroke. It never even crossed my mind that his condition could have been a result of something else...

I always thought it was a stroke too, but never understood why he was "banished" to a nursing home by the cartel. I wonder if that is all connected to Mike somehow.

yeah if he gets put in the wheelchair for any other reason than a stroke, it just wont make sense.....unless he gets a bullet to the brain to limit his talking and motor skills is the only way he could be like that in the chair. Anything else he wouldn't have the speech and motor skill handicaps

I don't know, Mike making an attempt on Hector's life sounds plausible but wouldn't that put him or rather, his family, in jeopardy with the cartel? Hector and his associates already know that Mike isn't a frail old man and has a bit of an edge to him.

Oh well, perhaps we'll know either way in a couple of hours.

What happened in this long shot? I missed the first scene before the opening credits. Was it related to the truck Mike was spying on with Hector? There seemed to be much focus to the truck, and also with Mike making what I assume is a DOI homemade tire spikes, I was wondering what that first scene was and what was so important about the truck or that warehouse. If anyone could explain, thanks!

It was a scene at a border patrol station of that very truck coming into the U.S. and being inspected. Nothing was found, so it was allowed entry. The driver stopped a few miles down the road and picked up a gun that was hidden under a rock. He was eating a popsicle while doing this and left his stick in the sand where we bunch of others were, showing he's been doing this awhile.

I loved the whole border patrol scene because it was one long two minute shot with no cuts. Very cool!

If this show is going to run for about five years then the pacing is just about spot-on so far. Jimmy's slowly easing into his Saul persona, both in attire and in action.

Is Jimmy his brother's keeper? Will this betrayal ultimate result in Chuck's demise?

I am really enjoying the pace of this show. I have faith in Gilligan & Gould. If you think about it, Br Ba was pretty slow burning for the first couple of seasons until you know who arrived on the scene. I am not saying BCS is going to mirror that format, but I have faith in the writers to sow the seed so whatever they have planned is worth the pay-off in the end.

As already mentioned, that long continuous tracking intro was spectacular. Classy writers and directors on board for this as you would expect. It's the little details like the lollipop sticks in the ground that really set shows like this apart.

I think I know what's going to happen with Kim at the end.

Care to share? I'm open to hearing any theories.

I am really enjoying the pace of this show. I have faith in Gilligan & Gould. If you think about it, Br Ba was pretty slow burning for the first couple of seasons until you know who arrived on the scene. I am not saying BCS is going to mirror that format, but I have faith in the writers to sow the seed so whatever they have planned is worth the pay-off in the end.

As already mentioned, that long continuous tracking intro was spectacular. Classy writers and directors on board for this as you would expect. It's the little details like the lollipop sticks in the ground that really set shows like this apart.

Yep, I love the pace of the show. Yes, it's a spin-off of Breaking Bad, but to only see it as that is a disservice; it's really it's own animal, and I like that Gilligan and Gould didn't make it a carbon copy of BrBa.

I think Gene (Jimmy, Saul) is going to run into her in Nebraska. She said she lived around Kansas or Nebraska there originally before she moved out to become a lawyer. I think something will go wrong and she'll have to go back, and Gene will reunite with her or she'll recognize him or something.

Back