Bethesda Reveals 'Dishonored' Launch Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked this up for ps3 yesterday and I am loving it so far .I needed a game to kill some time before wii u comes out and this is doing the job nicely. I really need to try to go through a level without killing anyone but as of know I kill all the guards lol.

I finished this game... it was a decent experience, predictable. The thing I liked most was the environment and character design...

I'm beginning to really enjoy this game, but the screen tearing is atrocious!!! Just moving the camera causes shimmering lines all over the place.

No one else seems to be complaining about this....

That confuses me...

It's a bigger problem on PS3 than 360, from what I've read/seen.

Where did you see this? I haven't really noticed it playing the first level.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

In the links to comparison vids/articles I posted a few pages back. The Digital Foundry Face Off one, particularly. Granted, this is second hand. I haven't seen the PS3 version of the game in person.

Some people are more able to detect screen tearing than others.

I've read a lot of reviews that said the PS3 version has more tearing. However, some said the draw distance was better on the PS3.

I'm hoping to get some quality time in with this game this weekend. :lecture

Are you playing on the PS3? I don't know man, when I move the camera the screen tears in multiple places throughout the entire screen. Sometimes when I move in certain areas it's slightly less noticable but it's VERY much obvious.

I even noticed weird lines (2 horizontal lines one near the top and one near the bottom of the screen) when I first booted the game up when the Publisher and Developer screens come on at the beginning before the game starts.

Some people are more able to detect screen tearing than others.

This is worse than Uncharted Drakes Fortune and that came out in 07.

I've read a lot of reviews that said the PS3 version has more tearing. However, some said the draw distance was better on the PS3.

I've read that too and hope that that's normal with the PS3 version. The graphics are fine it's just the obvious tearing I'm concerned about.

My game isn't somehow defective is it? I mean, defects are like if the game continually crashes or freezes or has audio issues, things like that right.

No one has heard of a copy being defective because it has more screen tearing than others right?! :dunno:lol

That just sounds funny. :lol

I've looked at my disc. It's perfectly new. No scratches, no nothing.

Are you playing on the PS3? I don't know man, when I move the camera the screen tears in multiple places throughout the entire screen. Sometimes when I move in certain areas it's slightly less noticable but it's VERY much obvious.

Yeah, the PS3 version. I only played part of the first mission.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Like I said I didn't see it, but I'll pop it back in tonight or tomorrow if I get a chance. I'm trying to complete another game before jumping into this one because if I don't finish it now I don't know when I'll get around to doing it again.

Well, ****. I was originally going for the clean hands (no kills) trophy. Other people who are going for that trophy/achievement may want to read the spoiler below, only has spoilers regarding the Prologue.

Spoiler Spoiler:

This game rules. I spent almost 3 hours last night on the first assassination mission looking for runes and different routes. I ended up going with the non-lethal approach and can hopeful continue this for the rest of the game. (Already killed a coupled guys accidentally so I guess the trophy is out of the question).

Well, ****. I was originally going for the clean hands (no kills) trophy. Other people who are going for that trophy/achievement may want to read the spoiler below, only has spoilers regarding the Prologue.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I did read about that but dont think its true because I shot at the them during the prologue, and I got the achievement, but then again i've been reading that if you upgrade blink from 1 to 2 you don't get the Mostly Flesh and Steel achievement, but I upgraded it and got the achievement. So ignore the internet.

This game is so amazing. Can wait to do a high chaos play through.

I played it on the xbox rented it, I thought the graphic detail would be better since bethesda made skyrim. It was fun to play I just killed everything since I didn't have instructions!

I played it on the xbox rented it, I thought the graphic detail would be better since bethesda made skyrim. It was fun to play I just killed everything since I didn't have instructions!

This was made by Arkane Studios. Bethesda just published it.

I don't have gamefly was interested if anyone here does? I'm thinking of joining.

Gotcha, I don't have it, I just thought you were looking for instructions.

A couple of my friends do, and I've only heard good things. I just don't play a wide variety of games, so I don't have as much interest.

Back