BESTA, white or black?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BESTA in white or black?

• White

Votes: 71 45.2%
  • Black

Votes: 79 50.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters
Totally. At least you can still get the 3x1s, you lose a few extra bucks saved from their 3x2 at a slightly lower price than getting two 3x1s. The thing that was more difficult, at least to me, was losing the Tombo doors. I got 9, but I'm worried that my collection will grow bigger and will need more. Hopefully I can keep it at 9... heh

For those of you who have dioder lights, where did you mount them in the besta? Front, middle, or back?

For those of you who have dioder lights, where did you mount them in the besta? Front, middle, or back?

I'd probably do front, but I haven't got any lighting in my Besta unit or Billys yet. Can't decide if I want to go with Ikea's (warm) dioder lights, or those barlighting strips. I've heard good/bad about both, and it's hard to find advice on them lately.

Do the besta half shelves have a name? I can't seem to find them on the IKEA site.

Didn't want to necropost but does anyone have pics of a lot of black Star Wars things in the black brown besta? My collection is very black heavy so it seems like white is a must. But at the same time I don't think white troopers will look as sharp.

I would really like to see what it looks like when two are bashed together. I wonder what all black brown with just the white backboard would look like.

I would really like to see what it looks like when two are bashed together. I wonder what all black brown with just the white backboard would look like.

That's what I did, black shelves but painted the backs white. I think it makes them pop.

Back