BESTA, white or black?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BESTA in white or black?

• White

Votes: 71 45.2%
  • Black

Votes: 79 50.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters
I guess we can close the poll now…

This is what it looks like at my apartment now :)

STC_0684.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

Black brown, however proper lighting and a mirror background would be a must. I think all the issues about black "hiding" the statue can be solved partially with a mirror background. :D

The only thing i don't like about the whites is the holes that remain and are very visible. Maybe gonna fill them and then repaint.

Anyone had blacks and painted the inside white or vice versa just like Stranger mentioned earlier in this topic and had pictures of it?

wow very surprised white is winning when i entered the thread, for me im going with black because my display room is also my gaming/theatre room and i want the feel to be darker.

:exactly:
When I'm sitting in my room watching a movie I like the statues 'glowing' in the dark cabinet. Not bright and in your face.

I have been interested in getting a few besta cabinets or shelves can some one point me in the right direction so I can figure out what to get .

One thing that I love about the black ones is that they are great for close-up photos since they add the dark, deep black background. Like here.

IMG_9867v2.jpg

I had a white besta, and now I have a white pax. Whatever color you choose will look great, but I can confirm that white looks great. That said, the white just goes better with the other furniture and paint in my particular room. So, it probably depends more on your particular room.

To me white is the best choice. You can really see your items at every moment and you dont need too much light.

there was a member here who had white bestas, and then just painted the outside of them a different color (brown I believe). So he had best of both worlds with a darker color of the shelves, but the white inside to showcase the figures/statues inside. That will probably be the route I take when I have a chance to pick up some of these shelves

Get the birch - They are light enough to show the item, but don't look like a hospital unit.
I am still putting mine together, they will have the black/brown doors, and even with doors on, you can see the display well, no extra light needed. Here is a quickie:
20131219_125113_zpsc2485d73.jpg

20131219_125101_zpsab4c24a8.jpg

As someone who has owned both white and black/brown...white is definitely the way to go hands down. Statues/figures get lost in the shadows in the black/brown and the white allows your collectibles to pop. I started out with black/brown and slowly changed over to white and haven't looked back. Birch just looks cheap to me.

Back