BESTA, white or black?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BESTA in white or black?

• White

Votes: 71 45.2%
  • Black

Votes: 79 50.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters
The secret to any display, but especially a dark one, is lighting. You can get great inspiration from looking at great portraiture on dark backgrounds.

I just voted for White then suddenly Black/Brown went ahead by two votes. I hope it's not because of me, haha. :lol

I have all white bests , and I to was thinking about going black.

I was going to use the balk cabinets and the white cardboard back board, but I looked at my figures an realized that most of the are wearing black and other dark clothing, so I decided to go with adding black doors to the white cabinet.

Now I have a black and white décor color scheme so I wasn't worried about matching the cabinets to my interior but more which shows the figures best. I can say this, if you have more super hero based collection, then they will pop off the black cabinet and back ground. If you have more a diverse collection with a lot of your figures having dark clothing then I would stay with the white, either all white, or like I did white cabinet /black door. I have to say that If you already own white ones , using the white back board piece on and with the black cabinet looks great to.

So basically if you have superhero figures / white bright colors go black.

Anything else stay with white or a combo of black and white, just as long as the background is white.

Hope that helped

IMG_0688.jpg

Do they sell Bestas 2x2? These look like groups of doubles screwed together.

White all the way.
In the beginning I had one black display from Ikea, it wasn't Besta but something similar and it took away from the details of the pieces, and then I decided to take 5 Bestas and screw them together and it was perfect as a display and it makes the pieces pop much more than the black ones.

White requires less light to look nice. White for me

old thread, but I am now in the same boat, looking to add a bunch of Besta's to my office (especially since they are 15% off this month). depending on which glass I go with (Vassbo or Glassvik) the cost will be $1800-$2500, crazy how expensive glassvik is but I have a couple in my movie room and they are awesome doors.

I went with 2 B/B bestas for my movie room, they flank my sub and center speaker, super dark room which is why I went black, one is still empty and the other one has Sideshow statues of Maleficent and the Evil Queen in it, each with a ikea spot light LED on them, I love the look, they wouldn't look right in a white cabinet, the dark with spot light gives them that evil look they are supposed to have.

BUT my main figure room will be my office, which has cherry wood floors, white baseboards and will have light gray walls. I am planning on 1-2 lights per cabinet but wasn't planning on the mirror add on for all of them (maybe a row or two).
Wife doesn't want white, but I kind of like that Museum look, but then look at the two I have in my movie room and love how they look in B/B. can't go back once I make a decision as I am ordering a lot of them.

One of my fears is the quality over time though. It is one of the more expensive Ikea items when you go with the glassvik doors but the cabinet is still MDF, super light and cheap. although I think for customer wood cabinets I would be looking at $10K, which I would rather spend on more figures :lol

sorry about poor quality on the picture, phone pick

Attachments

• besta.jpg
    besta.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 386
I have a rather dark room, as I keep my blind shuts at all times. I don't want sunlight damaging my stuff. I'm not very handy myself, so I don't know what kind of lights I'll be able to put on my Bestas. So I'm REALLY leaning toward white right now. Has anyone done any mixing and matching? White Bestas with black Glassvik doors?

I made the almost 3-hour drive to the nearest Ikea this past weekend. Worth the trip! I ended up going with white, and I'm very pleased right now. Still have to put on the doors and actually place figures on the shelves, but so far, so good.

White looks very museum-like, which I enjoy.

I made the almost 3-hour drive to the nearest Ikea this past weekend. Worth the trip! I ended up going with white, and I'm very pleased right now. Still have to put on the doors and actually place figures on the shelves, but so far, so good.

White looks very museum-like, which I enjoy.

:hi5:

I'm confused when people say they use Besta. I'm looking at IKEA's webpage and Besta pulls up all these options...

BESTÅ/INREDA system - Combinations & Frames - IKEA

The closest option to what I am seeing looks like this...

BESTÅ Storage combination with glass door - Vara medium brown, 120x40x202 cm - IKEA

But without glass doors to see through, this obviously isn't it. What Besta is the one that people are using? :cuckoo:

I currently only have one PF, but I'd like to move away from Detolf before Catwoman and Batgirl come. However, I can't figure out which Besta configuration people are using. :slap

Also, are the 1:1 Batman and Joker busts able to fit, or are they too large?

Look at the frames. Most of us here customize our own. We get the frame and then the doors to go with it. The combinations are essentially that, so it's best to just get what you need.

Thanks! I am a moron. I didn't realize I could select the Frames category at the top (or doors and drawers for that matter).

It all good, mate. I asked the same exact question months ago. We're all here to help each other out :wink1: :hi5:

Are the tall double sided Bestas gone? I can find the 23" w x 75" h, but I can't find the 47" x 75".

Back