BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How have you arrived at those answers? If you have not put a Prime 1 on a Besta unit how are you aware that its ok?

has anyone replaced the shelves with glass instead?

any hints on how to do good lighting as unlike Detolf which is mainly glass, a Besta or Billy would require lights to see anything even under bright room.

Lol, really? But you might be a 5ft 2", 8st girl?

Though to be fair, thats STILL heavier than P1 Deathstroke.

I haven't replaced the shelves with glass, I've gone with white ones. I think the strength of the wood ones would be better than glass. Attached below are two images showing white Besta's with white Glassvik doors lit with a strip light, also from Ikea. You can mount it inside the box, and the door frame covers it altogether, so you don't even see the lights profile.

IMG_20170910_162807.jpgIMG_20170910_162849.jpg

Wow this thread is overwhelming :lol

Okay, so I want to really dress up my collection room and have decided to go Besta. Now starting at the beginning of this thread was a bad idea because I kept hitting pages where things were discontinued :lol

So I'm asking for help, as I understand it -- IKEA has gone "bare bones" and you have to assemble everything yourself now right? SO you by the frame and then kind of go from there.

I want to do this:

53a1aea599a2ea19364dc12b8e4d555e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

3 "tiers," glass shelves to give height and another "level" within the same shelf but the white wood shelves to "split" up into three levels.

I understand that these doors in the quoted picture are not available which is fine because I kind of want the white doors and an overall white Besta like this:

For some reason their site's Besta planner isn't working, it keeps saying "file not found" so I don't know where to start, anyone willing to help a bit?

Thanks!

Think about lights at the same time. Its much easier fitting lights when you are building the units, rather than after they are fitted to the wall, or have statue in them.

Typically you need to drill out a small hole in the back and the lighting power unit fits on the rear of the unit, this is super hard to do once there's anything in it.

Also fitting lights like mine, the strip lights, is waaay easier with the Besta laying down.

Buy your carcass, add shelves, add 'Glassvik' doors then decide if you want legs on the cabinet.

:exactly: Col has the knowledge,, :lecture It is easy if you plan everything out in advance.
( The Mike --- make a list of everything you require on Ikea website, print out list including the locations of products in Ikea warehouse ).
= Quicker and easier to find everything you need =.

Think about lights at the same time. Its much easier fitting lights when you are building the units, rather than after they are fitted to the wall, or have statue in them.

Typically you need to drill out a small hole in the back and the lighting power unit fits on the rear of the unit, this is super hard to do once there's anything in it.

Also fitting lights like mine, the strip lights, is waaay easier with the Besta laying down.

Great advice. Take your time building everything- Plan everything out and don't forget to buy the little things too (hinges for doors, door knobs - if its your preference, etc).

The Mike - good luck and enjoy planning, building your setup..

You don't even need to go to the IKEA website, just download their app and you can create a list that way. Super easy. It tells you if it's in stock and how much your total will be sans tax. I went today and was in and out in 15 minutes.

So I realized that the Pax unit that I bought earlier in the year didn't really fit into the overall look that I was going for. I'm glad that I didn't sink too much money into it.
Made a couple of trips to IKEA, today included and picked up my lest Besta.
Sorry for the crappy picture with the light fixture in the way. I now have a more uniformed look, with the ability to add a couple more pieces and potentially another art print or poster if one comes along.

Is this one the correct besta with glassdoor for display guys ?
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99047763/

There is no right or wrong. Ikea don't sell anything pictured on their site as a package. You need to build it yourself as required.

As stated earlier:
Choose your colour.
Pick your carcass single/double/triple.
Add shelves.
Decide what door you prefer.
Add legs & lighting if needed.

Well I was incorrect saying their is no wrong choice as your package linked has a smoked door so is pretty useless for displaying items inside ;-)

There is no right or wrong. Ikea don't sell anything pictured on their site as a package. You need to build it yourself as required.

As stated earlier:
Choose your colour.
Pick your carcass single/double/triple.
Add shelves.
Decide what door you prefer.
Add legs & lighting if needed.

Well I was incorrect saying their is no wrong choice as your package linked has a smoked door so is pretty useless for displaying items inside ;-)

Thank you for your kind reply..much appreciate!

Back