BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone managed to come up with a solution similar to the Tombo doors as they're now impossible to find in the UK, even on eBay?

Has anyone managed to come up with a solution similar to the Tombo doors as they're now impossible to find in the UK, even on eBay?

I am also looking for a solution if any one has one . Right now I am thinking of making my own doors buy if I do that why not just make every thing from scratch .

I was contemplating on buying this Besta TV stand for my first two PFs to be displayed in (Croc and Bane). I would have one on each end then the center would house a few 1/6 busts, a 9" statue and my PS4. Then my TV on top of course. But, I suppose I shouldn't get the Glassvik doors since it would cut off some of the viewing of the statues since these are at a low vantage point?

Ok, everyone. I have a question about displaying. I have some Besta shelves that work fine for the sideshow statues and "smaller" PFFs. They do not work for the larger PFFs like superman, batman etc. My question is: what does IKEA currently have that will accomodate these? Do they have anything? I have a detolf for my 1/6 collection. FYI, custom building my own isn't really an option even though I would like to.

So this is going to be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway: decided to start finally pricing out some Besta shelves but I'm not sure which one on the Ikea website is the one to use. Which one is everyone buying?

So this is going to be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway: decided to start finally pricing out some Besta shelves but I'm not sure which one on the Ikea website is the one to use. Which one is everyone buying?
I buy the besta frames there's three or four sizes 25 inch, 50 inch , 75 inch and 48 inch wide

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ok, everyone. I have a question about displaying. I have some Besta shelves that work fine for the sideshow statues and "smaller" PFFs. They do not work for the larger PFFs like superman, batman etc. My question is: what does IKEA currently have that will accomodate these? Do they have anything? I have a detolf for my 1/6 collection. FYI, custom building my own isn't really an option even though I would like to.

The Pax wardrobe units might. I know they are deeper ~22" vs ~15". The widths also vary - ~19", 29", and 39".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran into that problem when my Hulk vs Wolverine piece arrived earlier in the year. The Besta wasn't quite deep enough, especially with doors, so I went with the Pax(29x22x79). You'll find some individual threads in here to where people went with the 39 inch wide model, but I didn't want to deal with the anti-bowing procedures that were required. The only downside with the Pax is you have to go the custom route with your door/doors.

Do you have a link? I look on the IKEA website and I can't find what you are describing. The BESTA i have can take no more than 23" high. I have Batman, Joker, Superman on top because they are way too tall.

Cool! Thanks for being a snarky ******! I bought a pre-fabricated display case today. Probably won't be back here. Oh and the UK sucks also.

So Im finally to a point where I need to get some display pieces for my statues. Ive been looking at some Ikea pieces and there are quite a few options and configurations. Im gonna have to choose what to get by browsing online as I have no Ikea in my town,so Im asking you guys for some help and whats worked for you. Currently looking at a few options for display. The statues I need to display are SS Spiderman PF,XM Venom,SS Classic Catwoman,SS Brown Wolverine,SS upcoming Venom and a few other 1/4 scale pieces. Heres the displays Ive been eyeballing. Anyone here have something similar and know if Ill be able to fit my statues inside? Are the cubes to the sides of these enough space for the 1/4 pieces? And would these support the weight of these statues? Also anyone have any recommendations? Trying to showcase my statues around my TV,thanks in advance!

besta-tv-storage-combination-glass-doors__0345102_PE536061_S4.JPG

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S09192820/#/S89192802

besta-tv-storage-combination-glass-doors__0493446_PE626097_S4.JPG

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79207192/

kallax-insert-with-door__0464868_PE609758_S4.JPG

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40324489/#/40324489

Back