BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so but closest IKEA is four hours away for me to verify. Looking at website the depth and color as you mentioned is the difference but wasn’t sure if the shelves and doors worked.
I've seen setup made with both Besta & STUVA mixed together to fit some deeper statues like Hulk and others.

Like this one from aslan_gfx
z6r9vmalwjzt.jpg

You can see more of his:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55290&p=6579762&viewfull=1#post6579762

I think so but closest IKEA is four hours away for me to verify. Looking at website the depth and color as you mentioned is the difference but wasn’t sure if the shelves and doors worked.

Besta Doors work perfect for Stuva Cabinets.

white light cabinet door closed 1.jpg

Besta Shelfs, not so much as they are not deep enough to go to the rear of the Stuva Cabinet.
(just buy Stuva Shelfs which are the correct depth).

20171215_204604.jpg
I just made my shelves uneven to move bane up and acomodate joker on the bottom. What options are there for getting besta off the ground? Can anyone share pictures? Bestas with legs? Custom boxes underneth?

I have a couple besta cabinets that are double wide - single cabinet with a divider in the middle between left and right sides. The middle divider is installed during assembly. Any reason you cannot remove the middle divider so you have one long wide cabinet? Want to put a couple light sabers in one.

I have a couple besta cabinets that are double wide - single cabinet with a divider in the middle between left and right sides. The middle divider is installed during assembly. Any reason you cannot remove the middle divider so you have one long wide cabinet? Want to put a couple light sabers in one.

Stability. The sides might not be able to support it without the middle. It'll probably be fine unless you put weight on top of it, in which case it may tilt toward one side and cause some breakage around the connection area, or it could work.

Stability. The sides might not be able to support it without the middle. It'll probably be fine unless you put weight on top of it, in which case it may tilt toward one side and cause some breakage around the connection area, or it could work.

Well it is going to be hung up on a wall.....and it will have at least on PF on top of it. The top and bottom are pretty solid, but i think I am going to leave the center section and cut two holes for the sabers to pass thru. Will have two glass shelves, one on each side at different heights so the sabers can pass over and under each other using the acrylic stands that came with them.

Girlfriend got me a $75 gift card to ikea for Xmas. Trying to figure out if I want to grab a besta, billy, or couple detolfs. I wish they still made the deeper billy. I really like the dark brown, but I'd be using them to display 1/6 - and I'm not sure if Billy's are too big for that or would look awkward with the doors. My space is right around 30".

Last edited:
Just saw something on Twitter about the Tombo doors making a [2nd] comeback with yet another name? Any truth to this?

Can you post a screenshot of the tweet? Was it from an official IKEA Twitter? That would be amazing if they made a comeback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw something on Twitter about the Tombo doors making a [2nd] comeback with yet another name? Any truth to this?

New tweet? I know of fisviken but that’s been out for awhile now and only in Germany

Can you post a screenshot of the tweet? Was it from an official IKEA Twitter? That would be amazing if they made a comeback.

I'm gonna call bs, 'cause now I can't find it. All I remember is it said something about it being a new name and on one of the European domains, but being all glass with aluminum frames. Gonna assume it was the Fisviken.

Would it be possible for us to order those doors from Germany and have them shipped to the US? Also, can anyone tell me how much room there is in front of the "half shelves" for figures? I'm trying to decide if a besta would work for my Hot Toys collection.

Would it be possible for us to order those doors from Germany and have them shipped to the US? Also, can anyone tell me how much room there is in front of the "half shelves" for figures? I'm trying to decide if a besta would work for my Hot Toys collection.

There's enough space to display figures if that's what you're asking. I don't have pics at the moment, but i display mine on glass half shelf and then below on the regular.

I’ve just messaged them to see if they will ship to the UK, I’ll let you know how I get on.

There's enough space to display figures if that's what you're asking. I don't have pics at the moment, but i display mine on glass half shelf and then below on the regular.

Would love to see pics if you have them at some point - could you tell me how much depth there is on the regular shelf when the half glass is in? The specs make it seem like it should be about 10 inches but some pics make it seem like much less

Back