BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:banghead

I get to stop at IKEA once or twice a year for trips to events, closest one is 400 miles away in pretty much every direction. They WOULD be out of all their glassvik doors and smaller besta frames. So aggravating. Wasted four hours after driving all day for other family members to decide what they wanted and they were out of theirs too. Maybe they’ll do another free shipping event sometime during the holiday season...

That one is warm white. BUT they brought back the color changing one too that I was looking for recently. May give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really ticks me off that they don't ship the multicolor one. My nearest store is nearly 3 hours away and they were out of stock during my last visit.

Really ticks me off that they don't ship the multicolor one. My nearest store is nearly 3 hours away and they were out of stock during my last visit.

Multi color one does a terrible job at making "white" light. I returned it. Bought a RGBW led strip instead and will mess with hooking that up.

Can you post a photo of your setup with these spotlights?

I did three pucks lined up towards the front but you could easily do 4. I absolutely love the ability to change color temperatures....even though I never do haha.

IMG_2161.jpg

Last edited:
Multi color one does a terrible job at making "white" light. I returned it. Bought a RGBW led strip instead and will mess with hooking that up.

I was toying with the idea of using a light other than white in two of my new cases. Not sure, though.

So I’m looking at getting my first Besta display case for my collection. I’ve been a Detolf guy for years but have run out of space and it looks like my best option now is to replace one Detolf with a Besta since they’re a bit wider and make more room for statues without spreading to another room entirely. I’m looking at starting with one square frame and adding from there. I just wanted to know how this looks as far as being stacked or if it’s better to go with higher frames and add shelves inside? Also, in the case of a stacking situation how well they line up together (do the seams in between look okay?) and how sturdy do they hold up with three or more? Is there some sort of fitting option available between the frames to hold them in place together? Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I did three pucks lined up towards the front but you could easily do 4. I absolutely love the ability to change color temperatures....even though I never do haha.

View attachment 377457

Thanks. Looks great. This is three pucks per cube? I'm gonna try out my LED tape and see how it goes. Much cheaper I think but will take some fiddling.

View attachment 377457

This looks awesome.

Can they be controlled by remote?

Also, anyone know if the "wireless" LED lights are worth trying?

I really want to grab a besta or a billy or something... I'm bummed you can't get non-bordered doors anymore for bestas.

How much view do you lose, also - any chance you could tell me how much clearance (depth) there is between the half shelf and the door (like where kylo is standing)?

So I’m looking at getting my first Besta display case for my collection. I’ve been a Detolf guy for years but have run out of space and it looks like my best option now is to replace one Detolf with a Besta since they’re a bit wider and make more room for statues without spreading to another room entirely. I’m looking at starting with one square frame and adding from there. I just wanted to know how this looks as far as being stacked or if it’s better to go with higher frames and add shelves inside? Also, in the case of a stacking situation how well they line up together (do the seams in between look okay?) and how sturdy do they hold up with three or more? Is there some sort of fitting option available between the frames to hold them in place together? Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You can use clips, provided, to hold them together but screwing would be the second best option.
Best option? buy the 2 or 3 cube heigh unit.

Forgot to post my updated display. All matching lights. Eventually will get some doors since getting plexiglass will cost just as much.
3f34ad8b45e640b6b4f17975a0310cbe.jpg
e10be5cc3263e5ab302d806c6343d132.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looking through some other threads, anybody used the STUVA systems with BESTA guts? If so curious what your thoughts were on how they turned out.

Aren't they the exact same stuff/dimensions EXECPT deeper and also in white only?

I think so but closest IKEA is four hours away for me to verify. Looking at website the depth and color as you mentioned is the difference but wasn’t sure if the shelves and doors worked.

Back