BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dust proofing these cabinets isn't very hard to do, I dust proofed my detolf and besta's with some home weatherstripping and some magnets to keep the doors of the besta's shut.

Not a single particle of dust gets in anymore.. just the way i like it, I'm too lazy to be cleaning them out all the time.

Any fixes for the small gap between the TOMBO and the BESTA? I'll try to post pics later.

d87330f9ab75c5064071e862e6ec5ee2.jpg

Also, if I wanted to connect two BESTAS one in front of the other, what can I get to screw in on the sides? They have some metal connector on display at the store but I forgot to ask them the last time I was there, figured I'd ask here first before my next trip. Also, is it safe to drill such a screw in the unit without damaging or cracking it? I've done something similar with IKEA's other furniture and it's caused some cracking and splitting in the past so I'm worried.

c959cce2e415c13b1554a2e4f9f82541.jpg

Use 3M VHB double sided tape to join two Bestas front to back and you can safely leave off screws. If both cabinets are sitting on the floor they're not going anywhere and nothing is going to get between them.

The gap between door and Besta is best to just ignore. If you can't, some really thin foam with adhesive on one side.

Thanks Pixel. :duff: Much like the gap with the doors, there will be small gap between the shelves because the front one is shorter and so the top "base" juts out slightly preventing the side shelves from coming in contact with one another. The tape sounds like it's thick enough to fit in between, I just hope it's not too noticeable or that the gap isn't too big where it won't stick unless I double fold.

This one?
3M 4941 VHB Double-Sided Acrylic Foam Tape, 45 mil, 0.5" x 5 Yards (Dark Grey): Adhesive Tapes: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Super Glue 5/8 in. x 36 in. Double-Sided Foam Mounting Tape (12-Pack)-SD1 - The Home Depot

Screwed loads of Besta together, no splitting.
Ikea suggest you do this to join cabinets and even provide the screw.

Drill a small pilot hole if you're worried.

Yup, that's the right tape. You can check your local Home Depot, they usually have it too.

Drill a small pilot hole if you're worried.

He's putting one in front of the other, to make it deeper, so there's no worry about it toppling like when stacking.

Any fixes for the small gap between the TOMBO and the BESTA?

I don't know about the Tombo, I have Vassbo's myself, here are some pics.

I used 7mm O-type weatherstrip with a thin wall, so it can be compressed easily.
This is important because you won't be able to close the door if the weatherstrip is too thick on the hinge side.

P1010002.JPG
8844872482846_8711247644637_1_75373_tif_picture_Fullsize.jpg

The doors won't keep shut with the weatherstrip, so I installed magnets, this would be a problem if you use Tombo's I guess...

P1010004.jpg

Yup, that's the right tape. You can check your local Home Depot, they usually have it too.

He's putting one in front of the other, to make it deeper, so there's no worry about it toppling like when stacking.

Are they essentially the same or is one preferred over the other?

3M 4941 VHB Double-Sided Acrylic Foam Tape, 45 mil, 0.5" x 5 Yards (Dark Grey): Adhesive Tapes: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Super Glue 5/8 in. x 36 in. Double-Sided Foam Mounting Tape (12-Pack)-SD1 - The Home Depot

Just came back from ikea

I spent 306$ dollars on a

- Black Detolf

- White Besta Shelf (Black was Out Of Stock)

- 3 Black Glassvik Clear Glass Doors

- Cab/Taxi ride home

Not bad I think

After I set up everything up tomorrow (that's after I buy a screwdriver tomorrow lol smh) I'm going back to ikea to buy more glasses

Back