BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I concur wiht the others if you want another "don't do it" opinion. At minimum you'll need custom shelves and the top and bottom will never be as strong as they were originally. You're better off constructing something from scratch the correct dimensions and then using the desired IKEA doors on it.

The smaller PAX w/ sliding doors is currently my #1 choice, but my backup has me on the fence. This Besta setup:

besta_tv.jpg

• 1, 2 and 3 would each be one LSB and one smaller figure.
  • 4 is where I'd put Godzilla, and 6 would be King Hulk.
  • 5 Will be my TV.
  • 7 is a mystery. I may skip the Space Jockey maquette, and I don't think he'd fit a regular Besta single anyway. I'd gladly put him here if he'll fit.
  • All of the shelves below the TV would house all of the 6 game consoles I currently have in storage.

I know a couple of you guys adviced against it but had some spare time today and went ahead and merged my two bestas,

Really happy with the result actually, due to mainly viewing my collection on a angle it really makes a difference, apologies for the poor pic, will be getting new cool white lights this weekend and then il post a update

image.jpg

Looks good Partyman. But just keep an eye out for any bowing, especially if you put anything on top of the besta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers bud, I found a bit of wood 4cm square in the garage, cut it and fitted it to the inside top back, so fingers crossed no bowing

No. The lines would look better :wink1:

I may just do no legs at all and put the saved $80 toward justifying the Elder Pred 1/6 figure, which I previously didn't plan to get. And I really wish the dang Space Jockey would fit in a single. If you turned it so that the widest points were left to right, making the listed width of 18" act as the depth, it would still be 3" too much.

Plus put solid doors on the units in the middle to hide the consoles.

Call me crazy, but I like them [game consoles] being visible. I don't mind constantly dusting them.

Call me crazy, but I like them [game consoles] being visible. I don't mind constantly dusting them.

I was thinking of your statues, not the dust. ;) If you're displaying nice statues, and making the effort to do so in an attractive manner, consoles and other things stuffed in the middle is visual clutter.

I was thinking of your statues, not the dust. ;) If you're displaying nice statues, and making the effort to do so in an attractive manner, consoles and other things stuffed in the middle is visual clutter.

True. For me, personally, I would actually like to see the consoles as much as the collectibles. My setup would likely not be a popular one, and I'd be dead last for any amateur interior decorating awards, but I'd be a happy camper. :lol

Here is another, even less eloquent setup I may consider. I call it The Cluster F:

besta_no-doors.jpg

I was going to suggest getting the taller unit either side, if you have the room.
Your collection will grow so pointless leaving yourself no further shelving space.

^^ Yeah, isn't there a whole system at IKEA, and on their website, that has BESTAs surrounding a TV in the middle setup? :lol

Lots of room above the TVs for more Bestas too. ;)

Indeed! Floating Bestas!

^^ Yeah, isn't there a whole system at IKEA, and on their website, that has BESTAs surrounding a TV in the middle setup? :lol

Yeah, they have a lot of premades for TVs and entertainment. The one I have above doesn't use a TV stand in the middle, just two 47" wide standard Bestas. The premades tend to be a little pricier, too. In all, I am still having myriad issues w/ this setup. The width is redonk - closing in at 356cm wide. It would only work on one wall in my living room, and it would forever reduce my living room to one overall arrangement. It's way too wide for where I originally wanted all of this - my home office. The widest wall in that room is only about 330cm, and that's touching wall to wall.

I know a couple of you guys adviced against it but had some spare time today and went ahead and merged my two bestas,

Really happy with the result actually, due to mainly viewing my collection on a angle it really makes a difference, apologies for the poor pic, will be getting new cool white lights this weekend and then il post a update

View attachment 167867

This looks quite good, can you tell me how to do ? Do you got some wip pics ??

Back