BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. Very classy display.

I can't believe you didn't address the lighting situation prior to install though. My heart goes out to you when you begin gutting all these units to run wiring :lol

Looks great. Very classy display.

I can't believe you didn't address the lighting situation prior to install though. My heart goes out to you when you begin gutting all these units to run wiring :lol

Thought about that, but I wanted to see the "finished product" before selecting lights.
Still not sure whether to get led-strips or round led lights…
Or maybe a combination of the two. :dunno

Don't think I'll add doors. Don't really like the look.
But you should never say never ;)

Guess I have to do more cleaning and dusting… :yess: :slap

Looks really nice Optimus, I agree doors annoy me even though I know they help a lot.

Used to have TOMBO doors on my black/brown bestas I had years ago. Back then I only collected bigger pieces (mostly PF's) so the size worked very well (one door per "cube" and PF).
Now I have mostly Hot Toys and other 1/6 scale figures and I don't think my spacing between the selves would work very well with the doors.
Plus I would have to buy a boatload of doors… :thud:

Thought about that, but I wanted to see the "finished product" before selecting lights.
Still not sure whether to get led-strips or round led lights…
Or maybe a combination of the two. :dunno

I know the feeling, I couldn't decide either!

I ended up using both, round Ikea Dioders for my living room display where I have Besta's and a Detolf, then the strip Ikea Dioders for Detolfs in the other rooms :D

Best of luck!

I know the feeling, I couldn't decide either!

I ended up using both, round Ikea Dioders for my living room display where I have Besta's and a Detolf, then the strip Ikea Dioders for Detolfs in the other rooms :D

Best of luck!

Light are on their way, at least for one section of units…

Orderer the DIODER LED-pucks for this section. One for each "cube", so 12 pucks in total.

STB_0683.jpg

I'm hoping they are the same color as the strips I currently have. :pray:
Then maybe I don't have to buy anymore lights.
It's getting a bit expensive :panic:

The Dioder discs are warm color like the newer Dioder strips.

If you have the old cool white Dioder strips they will not match.

The Dioder discs are warm color like the newer Dioder strips.

If you have the old cool white Dioder strips they will not match.

I think I have LED-strips called TRETTIOEN, also by Ikea.
DIODER eventually replaced TRETTIOEN if I'm not mistaken…
So these are super-old ;) and probably won't match, but here's hoping :pray: :gah:

I like the clean feeling of this room. Good job Optimus. Now fill it up! ;)

Hehe, thanks mate! :lol
Soon even I will be cramped for space, true me ;)
Got lots of stuff on pre-order! Thankfully it won't all come at once :yess: :lol

Question for those using the Inreda Strip lighting for their Bestas, how many is it possible to daisy-chain using a single power cord?

From Ikea's specs, it says "up to 10", anyone tried connecting more Inredas ?

rN8TZ8T.jpg

Any electrical experts around ?

I went to Ikea today to gets some legs for my tv stand, the last door for my besta, and to finally get the INREDA lights. I even picked these up at target
20131102_182516_zps947f4da1.jpg

so I could remotely turn them all on at the same time upon coming home each day. little did I know that the actual power cord is sold separately! :slap WHY would they even do that? Now I have too go back. The legs were sold out, so I might as well wait until they are back instock. I have already started painting the last TOMBO door. Its looking better so far. I learn from my mistakes with the first two.

I went to Ikea today to gets some legs for my tv stand, the last door for my besta, and to finally get the INREDA lights. I even picked these up at target
20131102_182516_zps947f4da1.jpg

so I could remotely turn them all on at the same time upon coming home each day. little did I know that the actual power cord is sold separately! :slap WHY would they even do that? Now I have too go back. The legs were sold out, so I might as well wait until they are back instock. I have already started painting the last TOMBO door. Its looking better so far. I learn from my mistakes with the first two.

Ha ha...I had to go back for the power cord, too! Stupid IKEA!

Back