BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning on using Bestas to display my Star Wars premium format collection, but a Grievous and the Life Size Vader bust obviously don't fit and I need to put them behind glass.

Anyone have any suggestions for a companion piece that will fit those two and mix in well in a room full of bestas?

These are a bit bigger, any good?...

21e56he.jpg

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20242277/#/00242278

Sounds like you need to mod a Pax.

Too much work and money. Maybe I can keep them in the open. I'd rather not have to worry about cleaning them all the time but if I can't find what I'm looking for I may have to suck it up.

I have most of my stuff in Bestas but my Hulk Maquette and CM Pred are left out. Dust them down twice a month and they're fine.
Would love to have them behind glass but as you said it starts getting expensive for the big items. A soft bristled brush is very cheap :wink1:

I have most of my stuff in Bestas but my Hulk Maquette and CM Pred are left out. Dust them down twice a month and they're fine.
Would love to have them behind glass but as you said it starts getting expensive for the big items. A soft bristled brush is very cheap :wink1:

Great. Thanks for the help!

Has anyone ever done custom shelving for the PAX? Even with only 3 PFs im getting major sagging in the shelves. I would like something a little sturdier and firm to hold more statues. My apologies if this has been answered already. Cant seem to find anyone that has posted about this issue

Has anyone ever done custom shelving for the PAX? Even with only 3 PFs im getting major sagging in the shelves. I would like something a little sturdier and firm to hold more statues. My apologies if this has been answered already. Cant seem to find anyone that has posted about this issue

Sagging shelves :horror
That can't be good Tav.

Put a brace under the shelf. Looking at the shelf from the side, it should then look like a T - in other words, the brace would be a stiff piece of material on end. Wood, metal, etc.. You could also replace the original particleboard shelf with real wood which would be less bendy, but of course much more expensive. ;)

Put a brace under the shelf. Looking at the shelf from the side, it should then look like a T - in other words, the brace would be a stiff piece of material on end. Wood, metal, etc.. You could also replace the original particleboard shelf with real wood which would be less bendy, but of course much more expensive. ;)

Wow simplicity is genius... I didn't even think of real wood! Ha seems so easy. I'll probably try the brace to see how it holds up and then have my shelves made out of some type of hard and dense wood moving forward. Thanks for chiming in. Much appreciated

An uglier method is also an L bracket underneath in the middle, fastened to the back (which would also require reinforcing the back).

I'm planning on using Bestas to display my Star Wars premium format collection, but a Grievous and the Life Size Vader bust obviously don't fit and I need to put them behind glass.

Anyone have any suggestions for a companion piece that will fit those two and mix in well in a room full of bestas?

I use the STUVA cabinets from Ikea as they are the same size as bestas but they are 50cm deep and not 40cm, they can be used with the Tombo doors as well as they are the same fit. I have my Darth Vader 1:1 bust in one of these with no problems. Here is the link.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S49006618/

Obviously you dont need the drawers so you just get the base unit and then tombo doors.

I use the STUVA cabinets from Ikea as they are the same size as bestas but they are 50cm deep and not 40cm, they can be used with the Tombo doors as well as they are the same fit. I have my Darth Vader 1:1 bust in one of these with no problems. Here is the link.

Obviously you dont need the drawers so you just get the base unit and then tombo doors.

Nice find if it's just depth you need.

I got the impression SwiftC needed bigger dimentions all round :dunno

Awesome! I guess we've found a winner. Do you mind posting a picture of your Vader Bust in it?

Thanks!

The hell? Never heard of that brand before, man wish I knew about them before I bought Besta's. The width and height dimensions are the same as you say and Tombo doors fit. Overall: sweet!

Edit: was looking around at Ikea's site in my country, can't seem to find to find shelves for the deeper cabinet, just the shallow 26 cm shelves. Did you simply buy seperate cubes and stacked them?
Also found out why I never heard 'bout Stuva before, they are in the kids department not at bedroom/livingroom/cabinets. :lol

Last edited:
Nice find if it's just depth you need.

I got the impression SwiftC needed bigger dimentions all round :dunno

Yep they are the same width so not sure if grievous will fit as I don't know the depth but Vader fits no probs.

Awesome! I guess we've found a winner. Do you mind posting a picture of your Vader Bust in it?

Thanks!

I will post one ASAP for you.

The hell? Never heard of that brand before, man wish I knew about them before I bought Besta's. The width and height dimensions are the same as you say and Tombo doors fit. Overall: sweet!

Edit: was looking around at Ikea's site in my country, can't seem to find to find shelves for the deeper cabinet, just the shallow 26 cm shelves. Did you simply buy seperate cubes and stacked them?
Also found out why I never heard 'bout Stuva before, they are in the kids department not at bedroom/livingroom/cabinets. :lol

I stumbled upon them when I was passing through the kids department in Ikea, I wish I saw them when I first started my collectible room as I have mostly normal bestas and only one of these.

Back