BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in there the other day, again, and they had the Inreda directly behind the glass shelf which looked really cool.

Warrington by any chance? :lol I saw the exact same set up there and bought it the very same night! It was love at first sight! :lol

ended up grabbing another Besta this weekend :rock

Collection21_zps514b7e2a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Noice!

You got some cool figures in there. Then again any collection that has HT Leonidas is awesome. :wink1:

I recently picked up the Besta with Tombo doors and the Ikea glass/mirror insert packages. Since my collection is quite small at this point I opted to use the bottom two sections for storage and just display in the top four and in my detolfs. With the top sections it was fairly easy to drop in the lighting and notch the back during assembly so it didn't damage the back piece. with the mirrors it looks great but is a pain to photograph. With the thick black border on the doors you need to either set the base shelf higher or use risers. I found that acrylic puck cubes are the perfect high as risers and are a good size. for the bottom sections I wanted to try something different, so I decided to use an entire cube to display my first Hot Toy purchase, Tony Stark. (man his pedestal is huge! It won't fit on the shelf if fully assembled. Anyway, for this one I put a glass shelf just above the bottom hinge on the door and slid some small pedestal lights underneath to light the whole thing from below. It fits the piece well, especially with the base and Tony's chest turned on.

2013-10-25_10-07-13_78.jpg

2013-10-25_10-06-23_118.jpg

Sorry for the poor phone pic quality, will take better ones later and update this post...

I need to drag myself to Ikea again, need some more units but driving to warrington is a drag lol. Considered switching out my detolfs for besta's many times they have a certain amount of class to them.

I need to drag myself to Ikea again, need some more units but driving to warrington is a drag lol. Considered switching out my detolfs for besta's many times they have a certain amount of class to them.

Where abouts are you SV?
I ended up there four times in less than two weeks recently :mad:

Besta is deffo the way to go.

Oh, one other thing that I recommend...Last year after Christmas I picked up a remote for Christmas lights for a few bucks. It works perfectly for these cabinets to avoid having to work out ways to turn all the separate lights off and on. Basically it is a short Y shaped length of cord that takes two 3 prong plugs and then plugs into the wall. I keep the small remote control at my desk in front of the case and can switch everything on and off at will.

OMG, a Swede buying IKEA! Sry bad joke. :rolleyes2

You had them delivered?

Ikea FTW buddy :lecture :wink1:

Yeah, I had them delivered!
Live to far away plus no car of my own...
All went super smooth! :clap
Nothing missing, nothing damaged.
Pics of them all assembled coming soon.

That Ikea stuff is heavy! I would prob loose it if I worked for the post office too. :lol

That Ikea stuff is heavy! I would prob loose it if I worked for the post office too. :lol

Haha :nono :wink1:

Well, everything is assembled and figures have moved in.
Now I need to figure out which lights to get or if I'm going to re-use the once that I have…

Pics will come soon. :impatient:

Still need to figure out what lights to get… Probably Ikea as well ;)
And I need some more statues/collectibles.
Looks so empty! :monkey2

STB_0683.jpg

STC_0684.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

Back